Best Desk Charger/Stand for Note 5?

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello ALL:
Does anyone know of a good Desktop Charger/Stand that is AC powered and NOT USB powered? It should also let us keep our Case on the Note 5. We were looking at the Tech21 EVO Case.

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, i didn't even notice that actually, this is the one i ordered and it came with a USB plug on one end and a Micro USB on the other, probably means it doesn't come with a AC adapter which isn't needed either way, just plug into a USB...

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
What does Receiver Not included mean? I will look, but is this AC pwerd?

It means that your phone has to have a Qi wireless charging receiving antenna, either built in, or added to the phone. I have never seen a wireless charger that doesn't use a USB cable to plug into the charger pad on one end and a wall charger module on the other, but hey, I have been wrong before.
I personally prefer a pad that sits horizontally and has fast charge tech. The one I prefer is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4917793

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
look at the pictures on my amazon link, the last one, it shows just a usb cable,thats all that came with mine, it plugs into my "powered" usb hub and works just fine...

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello ALL:
Does anyone know of a good Desktop Charger/Stand that is AC powered and NOT USB powered? It should also let us keep our Case on the Note 5. We were looking at the Tech21 EVO Case.

I've ordered the Qi Infinity wireless charger but it is still powered by the Rapid charger. I think you are looking for a charger that plugs directly in to the wall outlet and I've never heard of one like that, all the ones I've seen use the Rapid charger.

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Typically any charger that plugs into USB, and not AC is not a fast charger. I'm guessing that is the case with this one, and that they did it on purpose so that it would be compatible with more devices. I would prefer one that is a fast charge which requires 2.1A out for the Note 5.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
most all chargers plug into an adapter via usb....that way you can use for charging and plug into PC charge/filetransfer:
i have the tech 21 case on my note5

the tylt VU wireless has a wall plug only adapter:
Wireless Chargers great desktop chargers, they now have a wireless car dock charger

samsung makes a few wireless...normal & fast charge:
Accessories - Verizon Wireless Cell Phones SM-N920V | Samsung Cell Phones

they now have portable fast charge power packs, and wireless car charger (not fast charge)

the ones Qi makes are nice too:

Buy Wireless Apple Iphone Chargers | Iphone 6 qi-Qi-Infinity – Tagged "Fast Charger"

Last edited:

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Buenos, most of the chargers you list are flat discs, those are no good in my opinion, yes they charge your phone but you have to pick up your phone to see things on your phone's screen, he's looking for a tilt charger, i just bought 10 more for the folks in my office and everyone loves them, again, these are nice, they don't have the tacky "loud" logos that most stands have and this one actually works well.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Typically any charger that plugs into USB, and not AC is not a fast charger. I'm guessing that is the case with this one, and that they did it on purpose so that it would be compatible with more devices. I would prefer one that is a fast charge which requires 2.1A out for the Note 5.

I am not clear on what you are saying here. All the Samsung fast chargers use a wall module that connects to either the phone or the wireless fast charging pad via a USB cable that are capable of providing a max output of 5.3V - 2.0A or 9.0V - 1.67A like the one that came with my Note 5 shown below.
USB cable - OEM Note 5 (1).jpg

bls8195

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
What is the deal with wireless charging on our note 5s can we still have a normal case on our phones or will it not go through them and the phone has to be naked in order for it to work and charge corrrctly?

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an otterbox defender on my note 5 and fast charge connects right away.

Just bought the samsung wireless fast charger yesterday. Its my first wireless charger and i love it

Im sure it depends on the case material, but the otterbox defender is a thick case and works just fine.

Tried it with the candyshell grip by speck and it works fine with it too.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

bls8195

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Ok well I greatly appreciate it I have a luphie case, we'll I currently have a body glove but ordered a luphie and awaiting it in the mail but wanted to order something for wireless charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The only thing i would question is metal cases.

I do hope a wireless fast charger comes out that sits the phone up like the Verizon wireless chargers. I put my phone on one at verizon yesterday and liked it. Only reason i didnt get it was because i wanted the fast wireless charger from samsung.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was talking about. I'm looking for a stand that will also charge the phone. Ideally I would have liked one that would also allow me to sync to my desktop while it was fast charging, but there doesn't seem to be any such animal. I ended up settling on an RND Cradle Station. It has a fast charge plug to a micro USB. The micro USB plugs into the back of the stand, and the phone slides onto the stand and the built-in micro USB plug. They also supply a short USB to micro USB cable if you want to sync the phone. Unfortunately you have to unplug the fast charge AC cable in order to plug in the USB sync cable. With the latter cable you get your standard USB charge while you have access to syncing. I find that to be a minor inconvenience. An added plus is a USB outlet on the back so you can charge a second device at the same time. Of course you get standard USB charging speed. It's also worth noting that there is a removable tray that comes with the stand so that the phone will fit with no case, or a slim case. Mine is a Tech 21 Tactical and it fits beautifully. RND claims most slim cases that don't have an inner and outer case should work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar