If you have just gone through a very frustrating 72 hrs of trying to get your Note 5 up and running again after GOOGLE and VERIZON have failed to tell you that is going to happen if the fingerprint reader and password access program freezes your phone for 72 hrs. Why do they have the right to lock our phones up and hold them hostage for 72 hrs. the people at Verizon tell you that it is Google's doing...but wait for it......wait for it.....GOOGLE DOESN'T LET ANYONE CALL THEM AND COMPLAIN......one of the worlds largest company's regarding the internet and phones and you can't even call them!!!! Now you know how they are able to make all the money.....they give you what they want and not what you want. I will never buy another product from Samsung, or have to deal with Google or android. I have just spent 5k on Apple equipment because of what you have done, best piece of marketing google has ever done for a competing company......lock up the phone for 72 hrs and see what reaction you will get.
    wilmad likes this.
    12-26-2015 04:10 PM
    If you have just gone through a very frustrating 72 hrs of trying to get your Note 5 up and running again after GOOGLE and VERIZON have failed to tell you that is going to happen if the fingerprint reader and password access program freezes your phone for 72 hrs. Why do they have the right to lock our phones up and hold them hostage for 72 hrs. the people at Verizon tell you that it is Google's doing...but wait for it......wait for it.....GOOGLE DOESN'T LET ANYONE CALL THEM AND COMPLAIN......one of the worlds largest company's regarding the internet and phones and you can't even call them!!!! Now you know how they are able to make all the money.....they give you what they want and not what you want. I will never buy another product from Samsung, or have to deal with Google or android. I have just spent 5k on Apple equipment because of what you have done, best piece of marketing google has ever done for a competing company......lock up the phone for 72 hrs and see what reaction you will get.
    Remember to use passwords, pin numbers, etc that you will not struggle to supply. The password or pin is the backup to the fingerprint reader. It really is your own fault that you were locked out.
    12-26-2015 04:28 PM
    if they had told me it would lock for 72 hrs before setting the fingerprint and password, I never would have bought it
    12-26-2015 05:12 PM
    I didn't have any problem using the fingerprint scanner on my N5, I'm with AT&T. Maybe this is a Verizon issue?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-26-2015 07:40 PM
    Maybe it was a stolen phone, kinda hard to forget your primary password as well as not having other finger print sets not set.

94gixxerod likes this.
    12-26-2015 07:46 PM
    I didn't have any problem using the fingerprint scanner on my N5, I'm with AT&T. Maybe this is a Verizon issue?

Nah, I'm on Verizon and nothing like this has happened.
    12-26-2015 08:48 PM
    Sorry that happened. I've actually never heard of it happening to anyone until today. That's one hell of a security feature I guess. Well enjoy your apple stuff.

12-26-2015 09:02 PM
    So let me get this straight... You forgot your backup password and somehow this is Google/Verizon's fault?

Or are you saying you got your phone and the setup of fingerprint and backup password failed and they made you deal with it for 72 hours instead of replacing your device?

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    plumcrazy likes this.
    12-26-2015 09:07 PM
    So let me get this straight... You forgot your backup password and somehow this is Google/Verizon's fault?

Or are you saying you got your phone and the setup of fingerprint and backup password failed and they made you deal with it for 72 hours instead of replacing your device?

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    I'd like to know that too. Because of the dude forgot his PIN then it's his fault. But yeah, if the phone failed during the setup then Verizon should have just swapped the phone.

In fact, if within 14 days just do a return and cancel everything and start over. Or if he didn't want another Sammy go with a V10 or something.

But I wouldn't have dropped 5k just to spite Google or Samsung. Wonder what he bought?

Issemann likes this.
    12-26-2015 10:24 PM
    Google added this feature with 5.1 lollipop to make Google accounts much more secure. This prevents a phone thief from resetting your Google account right after getting your phone.

I'm not sure exactly what you did to trip this, but Google makes resetting the password easy so you don't need to repeatedly enter the wrong password forcing a reset. Samsung themselves when you set the finger print up required you to enter a back up password in case the finger print scanner failed, so you can get into your phone.

And Apple will disable your device for good, until you get the right password, worse than Googles 72 hour lock.

12-26-2015 10:58 PM
    I had to enter my backup password for the first time yesterday (Note 5, Verizon). I shut off the screen and turned it back on, and the fingerprint scanner worked again after that. I chalked it up to a smudge. It is very frustrating to be locked out of your device, I'm glad they provide several chances and fixes just in case things like this happen.
    12-27-2015 09:34 AM
    Trolling, insults, etc, all bad. Thread has run its course. Thanks!
    12-27-2015 01:34 PM