I am using the standard email client that comes with the Note 5 (same as any other device, I think) When I click on a url that is in the email it asks me:
    1. Open URl
    2. Add to Bookmarks
    3. Copy text.

I just want it to open the url as a website in chrome or the other internet browser. I don't want to have to click it every time. I just want it to open automatically like it does on my pc, iPad, iPhone and everything else I have.

Can someone please help me as it is driving me nuts. Came from iPhone where Apple Mail just worked into Safari by clicking on url.
    12-28-2015 05:31 AM
    Click open url and it opens it in webpage no other way to open automatically I'm afraid

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-28-2015 05:32 AM
    Hi Shane,

Thank you for the reply. I don't want to have to click on "open URL" every time. I just want it to do it like my other devices do. I am new to Android and was hoping that it would work like apple mail does on my iPhone. In mail just click on the url and it opens in safari without doing anything else

Regards
    Craig
    12-28-2015 05:41 AM
    That seems to be an issue with that email app. You can try using a different app (gmail, outlook, etc) which should give you the option to set a default action after you select what you want the first time.
    12-28-2015 06:02 AM
    Thank you for getting back to me.

Is there one that you can recommend that covers gmail, hotmail and outlook. Need to have a combined inbox so I can look at all my emails in one place.
    12-28-2015 06:09 AM
    Gmail does multiple inboxes, it can cover outlook Web, exchange and almost all pop and IMAP accounts.
    craigjay likes this.
    12-28-2015 06:19 AM
    Check out AquaMail. It has extensive configuration and customization options and can be setup to work well with almost any email service.

Has some unique features like the Smart Folder, which is basically a unified inbox but configurable so that it becomes much more. Also a switchable, configurable conversation view option.

It's fast, stable, well supported, very secure (passes EmailPrivacyTest.com 100%) and to my eyes and fingers, has a terrific UI.

With one caveat...If you need full support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync AquaMail is not for you. I suggest Nine for that. If you can use Exchange with IMAP or EWS, AquaMail supports that and will work very well.

A terrific piece of software, one of the very best apps of any kind available for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....kman.AquaMail

If AquaMail doesn't do it for you, I suggest trying K-9 or Maildroid.
    12-28-2015 08:46 AM
    Microsoft Outlook is what I use to use before I started closing down some on my emails. Its design is very pleasing to the eye

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...office.outlook

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-28-2015 09:38 AM
    Thank you all for the great advice. It is really appreciated.
    12-29-2015 04:53 AM