01-23-2016 11:20 PM
53 123
tools
    Hey look at the bright side - Disable FB and get your life back.
    VZW is just doing you a favor. :-)

Just kidding.
    If it's really the FB app, just wait for the next update.
    I am a VZW customer too, and I just disable all VZW and 3rd party crapware. This is not specific to the N5, I've always disabled that stuff.

I am extremely happy with the N5 - works perfectly all the time, it's crazy fast, the stylus is essential, and the design is refreshingly elegant. For me, there's nothing on the market that's even remotely close.

If the Android-vs- Apple ecosystem question is not an issue for you, switch back to the 6s and be happy.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    12-31-2015 07:24 AM
    Interesting ... I see a v10 having those same issues.
    12-31-2015 09:31 AM
    I actually switched to a Moto X pure and now get to choose what I have on my phone. Nothing but pure Android ...

However I keep looking at my note 5 wondering if I could get by using it as a daily driver. I love the S pen functionality and what it does.
    12-31-2015 09:35 AM
    I actually switched to a Moto X pure and now get to choose what I have on my phone. Nothing but pure Android ...

However I keep looking at my note 5 wondering if I could get by using it as a daily driver. I love the S pen functionality and what it does.
    Great choice Motorala phones where not the best cameras or looks or even screen, but they just flat out work out of the box and the battery life and radios are unmatched, and you do not have to worry about apps causing bugs Motorala does a wonderful job of optimizing their software.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-31-2015 10:15 AM
    Great choice Motorala phones where not the best cameras or looks or even screen, but they just flat out work out of the box and the battery life and radios are unmatched, and you do not have to worry about apps causing bugs Motorala does a wonderful job of optimizing their software.

I like the MXP so far. The custom build allowed me to make it look like i wanted it. It's anyway running 6.0 on VZW and seems to just work well. The screen is good and the camera is good enough. I know it isn't the Note 5 camera but it's good. I miss that damn S pen
    12-31-2015 10:34 AM
    i wouldnt give up on the N5 either. i have the gold version and have had 0 issues. i got mine as soon as they came out with the gold one
    12-31-2015 11:09 AM
    Would never consider it.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    12-31-2015 12:54 PM
    I like the MXP so far. The custom build allowed me to make it look like i wanted it. It's anyway running 6.0 on VZW and seems to just work well. The screen is good and the camera is good enough. I know it isn't the Note 5 camera but it's good. I miss that damn S pen
    Battery and screen made me switch back. That damn active radio bug even with Doze only letting me get 4.5 SOT max, my Note 5 on the other hand is a battery beast. I thought I could live with the IPS display since I came from G2 and G3 but switching back to Amoled making my eyes scream in delight (feels like the Pure is a step down from LG's displays also). The last thing that really forced me back was multi-window, it's so damn good (both Samsung and LG); stock multi-window isn't at the point where I would say it's good enough.
    12-31-2015 01:23 PM
    I'll try that, but it does not sit well with me. I should not have to disable anything to make a 1st tier smartphone run properly in 2015-2016. If it fixes the issue I will still refuse to keep the device.

If you want a phone that doesn't have any problems for anyone then... Sorry to say it such a phone doesn't exist.

You just have to find out whatever works best for you.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    12-31-2015 01:28 PM
    Hasn't had an issue since disabling FB messenger, drewood was right.

I still don't know how I feel about it though, Verizon is giving me an option to replace with any device of my liking.

I would only go 6s plus, they don't offer a 6p and I'm not interested in the v10

For me, the note 5 is a better device than the 6sp,which I have had some issues with.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ck-n5-now.html
    12-31-2015 01:32 PM
    I can tell you that I switched from a Note 4 to a Nexus 6P, and couldn't be happier about the decision.
    12-31-2015 07:02 PM
    Sounds like a rare occurrence of bad note 5s. No issues with my at&t note5. Hope you can get it resolved or trade in for another phone with Verizon.
    12-31-2015 07:22 PM
    I'm actually thinking of going for the v10. I'm just really worried I won't be satisfied with perormance. The IR blaster (of all things) is actually very enticing.

I'm also worried that general perormance will be noticeably worse.the G4 was notoriously janky

12-31-2015 10:52 PM
    I left VZW and an HTC M8 Windows phone for AT&T Note 5 and have zero regrets. The Note 5 is a beast of a phone.
    01-01-2016 12:52 AM
    I'm not gonna give up the S pen. Not gonna happen.
    debdroid1a and anon(427874) like this.
    01-02-2016 10:59 PM
    When I had a 6 Plus I used One Note to handle my grocery list. IMO it is a very clumsy implementation in iOS. With my Note 5 I grab my pen and write it on my Whiteboard widget. Takes a fraction of the time and its always there for me to see. A good example showing what Android can do versus an app launcher (i)OS.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    01-03-2016 12:21 AM
    Nah.. Love my Note 5, but I also have an iPhone 6s plus. Best of both worlds!

Posted via Apple 6s+ or Note 5...
    01-03-2016 02:49 PM
    Why should I give up on this phone? After working out the nearby cell tower's RF issues, the Note 5 is working very well. Battery is fine, all the apps and software are integrated nicely.
    01-03-2016 03:29 PM
    Disable Facebook messenger, no more corner un- responsiveness. Note 5 is awesome! Tried a turbo 2 for 10 days, sent it back for this and didn't look back

01-15-2016 07:17 PM
    I am a new Note 5 owner and love the phone, but I have been experiencing a lot of wifi/ Lte signal issues, I live in the woods but my old iphone 5 connected with no issues. I am getting close to my 2 weeks trial period and have been contemplating an iphone 6s plus.
    01-15-2016 09:13 PM
    iPhone 6S+ is a good option if it will get a better/stronger signal in the same location.
    01-16-2016 11:32 AM
    I had this issue, hasn't occurred a single time since I removed Facebook messenger from my phone. Garbage app they force on us to view our messages. Luckily I don't use Facebook much.

01-16-2016 05:45 PM
    IPhone 6 has a slightly better antenna.I switched to a Note 5 on T Mobile and I started to lose signal on various things. But i liked the Note 5 enough to switch to AT&T and my signal strength improved significantly. Now thankful for the no contract world. I used the 6 Plus for several months. It bored me.
    01-16-2016 11:13 PM
    IPhone 6 has a slightly better antenna.I switched to a Note 5 on T Mobile and I started to lose signal on various things. But i liked the Note 5 enough to switch to AT&T and my signal strength improved significantly. Now thankful for the no contract world. I used the 6 Plus for several months. It bored me.
    I had the opposite. My iPhone 6 Plus had the worst signal strength than any of my devices. I am using a 6P now and it's great (also all on T-Mobile).
    01-17-2016 02:27 AM
    Interesting. Hard to tell on the iPhone since they don't want people to know about signal strength numbers and those bars are useless. I just know that the Note 5 had big trouble pulling signal on T Mobile at work and DL speed was horrible. I had used an iPhone 6 Plus for the preceding seven months without problem.
    01-18-2016 08:17 AM
53 123