might give up on Note 5, are you?

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'd rather have the V10 over the Note 5, personally, but maybe that's just me. I don't mind the extra size, and I think the V10 is a gorgeous device (while the Note 5 is less than gorgeous...), and I also get the added benefit of expandable storage and a removable battery, which is alright by me.
This. The V10 is clearly the better of the two this year, Samsung hasn't gotten software right since the GS2 which was the last half decent phone they ever made (in comparison to what else was available at the time). Maybe some day they'll finally let go of the tragedy that is Touchwiz which despite slimming down is still ugly and bloated. And that physical home button needs to go, which it will once their official Apple Copy Division gets rid of theirs

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about switching too. Too much bloatware running in the background and going through the hassle of disabling everything just to make the phone run good. I may downgrade to a Moto G 2nd gen and save up money to pay off my Note 5 then sell it.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 5 and an iPhone 6s Plus. I think my short love affair with the Note 5 may be coming to an end soon. I've been using the iPhone more and more over the last two weeks. I was infatuated with the Note 5, but little things started bothering me. Mainly the keyboard, twitter, and messaging. I've tried several keyboards, and as strange as it may sound, none give me the speed and accuracy of my iPhone keyboard. The next two issues are Android issues as opposed to Note 5 issues. I'm a heavy twitter user and I cannot find an Android twitter client as good as Tweetbot, which is unfortunately limited to iOS. I've tried about 10 different ones and while a few are really good, each of them is missing something. Tweetbot is the most complete Twitter client i've used. Lastly there is messaging. I hate the limitations of regular SMS messaging and only one of my regular contacts uses hangouts. iMessage has really spoiled me. I wish these carriers would hurry up and roll out RCS messaging. Since messaging and twitter are easily 70+ percent of my daily phone usage, I need to be fully satisfied with how a phone functions (or allows me to function) in these two areas. So yes, I'm leaning toward giving up my Note 5. I still have a Nexus 6 i can pop my sim card into if there is something on Android that I want/need.

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 5 and an iPhone 6s Plus. I think my short love affair with the Note 5 may be coming to an end soon. I've been using the iPhone more and more over the last two weeks. I was infatuated with the Note 5, but little things started bothering me. Mainly the keyboard, twitter, and messaging. I've tried several keyboards, and as strange as it may sound, none give me the speed and accuracy of my iPhone keyboard. The next two issues are Android issues as opposed to Note 5 issues. I'm a heavy twitter user and I cannot find an Android twitter client as good as Tweetbot, which is unfortunately limited to iOS. I've tried about 10 different ones and while a few are really good, each of them is missing something. Tweetbot is the most complete Twitter client i've used. Lastly there is messaging. I hate the limitations of regular SMS messaging and only one of my regular contacts uses hangouts. iMessage has really spoiled me. I wish these carriers would hurry up and roll out RCS messaging. Since messaging and twitter are easily 70+ percent of my daily phone usage, I need to be fully satisfied with how a phone functions (or allows me to function) in these two areas. So yes, I'm leaning toward giving up my Note 5. I still have a Nexus 6 i can pop my sim card into if there is something on Android that I want/need.
I am pretty much there myself. I've had to disable so much to enjoy the phone and it's ridiculous to me to have to do that. I think the phone is terrific, but this last week using this as my daily driver, I've had some pretty good moments,but also some pretty frustrating ones. I am basically on the fence of taking this back and going back to my 6s plus. I really wanted to like this phone and have been torn the last 2 days or so on what to do.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey look at the bright side - Disable FB and get your life back.
VZW is just doing you a favor. :)

Just kidding.
If it's really the FB app, just wait for the next update.
I am a VZW customer too, and I just disable all VZW and 3rd party crapware. This is not specific to the N5, I've always disabled that stuff.

I am extremely happy with the N5 - works perfectly all the time, it's crazy fast, the stylus is essential, and the design is refreshingly elegant. For me, there's nothing on the market that's even remotely close.

If the Android-vs- Apple ecosystem question is not an issue for you, switch back to the 6s and be happy.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I actually switched to a Moto X pure and now get to choose what I have on my phone. Nothing but pure Android ...

However I keep looking at my note 5 wondering if I could get by using it as a daily driver. I love the S pen functionality and what it does.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I actually switched to a Moto X pure and now get to choose what I have on my phone. Nothing but pure Android ...

However I keep looking at my note 5 wondering if I could get by using it as a daily driver. I love the S pen functionality and what it does.

Great choice Motorala phones where not the best cameras or looks or even screen, but they just flat out work out of the box and the battery life and radios are unmatched, and you do not have to worry about apps causing bugs Motorala does a wonderful job of optimizing their software.

Posted via the Android Central App

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Great choice Motorala phones where not the best cameras or looks or even screen, but they just flat out work out of the box and the battery life and radios are unmatched, and you do not have to worry about apps causing bugs Motorala does a wonderful job of optimizing their software.

I like the MXP so far. The custom build allowed me to make it look like i wanted it. It's anyway running 6.0 on VZW and seems to just work well. The screen is good and the camera is good enough. I know it isn't the Note 5 camera but it's good. I miss that damn S pen

IamPro

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I like the MXP so far. The custom build allowed me to make it look like i wanted it. It's anyway running 6.0 on VZW and seems to just work well. The screen is good and the camera is good enough. I know it isn't the Note 5 camera but it's good. I miss that damn S pen
Battery and screen made me switch back. That damn active radio bug even with Doze only letting me get 4.5 SOT max, my Note 5 on the other hand is a battery beast. I thought I could live with the IPS display since I came from G2 and G3 but switching back to Amoled making my eyes scream in delight (feels like the Pure is a step down from LG's displays also). The last thing that really forced me back was multi-window, it's so damn good (both Samsung and LG); stock multi-window isn't at the point where I would say it's good enough.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that, but it does not sit well with me. I should not have to disable anything to make a 1st tier smartphone run properly in 2015-2016. If it fixes the issue I will still refuse to keep the device.

If you want a phone that doesn't have any problems for anyone then... Sorry to say it such a phone doesn't exist.

You just have to find out whatever works best for you.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't had an issue since disabling FB messenger, drewood was right.

I still don't know how I feel about it though, Verizon is giving me an option to replace with any device of my liking.

I would only go 6s plus, they don't offer a 6p and I'm not interested in the v10

For me, the note 5 is a better device than the 6sp,which I have had some issues with.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-5/590861-i-used-6sp-week-back-n5-now.html

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a rare occurrence of bad note 5s. No issues with my at&t note5. Hope you can get it resolved or trade in for another phone with Verizon.

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of going for the v10. I'm just really worried I won't be satisfied with perormance. The IR blaster (of all things) is actually very enticing.

I'm also worried that general perormance will be noticeably worse.the G4 was notoriously janky