01-23-2016 11:20 PM
53 123
tools
    This whole upper left hand screen unresponsive issue has occurred on the last 3 note 5 devices I had. Verizon even sent a brand new device and now it seems to have the same issue. I'm convinced its software but I don't care, it's debilitating in some instances. Issue is there isn't really a comparable android device. Makes the 6s plus seem appealing

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-28-2015 10:37 PM
    Sounds like your def getting a batch of friday phones.. you probably should try a different phone.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    12-28-2015 11:02 PM
    I haven't had that issue. I'm sad to hear this is happening to you. I guess it is time for a new phone or perhaps give another rma a try.
    12-28-2015 11:21 PM
    I've had my N5 within the first week or two of being released. And I've literally had ZERO problems with my device. I'm sorry to hear.
    plumcrazy, debdroid1a and zmann like this.
    12-28-2015 11:26 PM
    There are a lot of comparable Android phones, unless you absolutely need the stylus. LG V10 and the 6P just to name a couple. The 6s Plus is a fine device, and I'm switching back and forth between that and the V10.

My Note 5 arrived DOA, I got it to work for a day and then it died for good. That's when I swapped for the V10, but I really miss the Note 5, even though I only spent a day with it. There is an extended return person because of Christmas so I'm going to try and get the Note 5 back.

Anyway, I'd give it one more chance.
    12-28-2015 11:32 PM
    I really want the note to workout especially because I just bought my wife a gold platinum note for Christmas and she loves it. So hopefully wiping the cache partition will get rid of the issue.

12-29-2015 07:00 AM
    Been noticing alot of Verizon complaints. Maybe I'm hypersensitive since I was a long time customer until their signal went down the tubes. Switched to T-Mobile which had great signal strength unless you got into one of their dreaded pockets of nothingness. Finally landed on AT&T which has been great. Especially company discount plan. I owned a 6 Plus for several months. Things I liked about it were the pop up notifications and resale value. That's about it. Could never get used to the non swipe keyboard (they have them too but they don't work well), no try before you buy apps, and not playing friendly with Amazon and third party browsers. But if you've owned Apple devices you know what works for you.
    12-29-2015 07:45 AM
    Just disable Facebook messenger and your problem will be solved

12-29-2015 08:00 AM
    Better yet disable all of facebook and use the browser.
    12-29-2015 08:14 AM
    Just disable Facebook messenger and your problem will be solved

I'll try that, but it does not sit well with me. I should not have to disable anything to make a 1st tier smartphone run properly in 2015-2016. If it fixes the issue I will still refuse to keep the device.

faith3935 likes this.
    12-29-2015 08:23 AM
    I'll try that, but it does not sit well with me. I should not have to disable anything to make a 1st tier smartphone run properly in 2015-2016. If it fixes the issue I will still refuse to keep the device.

I understand that. I didn't want to either. I'm confident it was the last update to messenger that has created the problem

12-29-2015 09:10 AM
    The only problems I have had with my Note 5 is that it seems the Blue Tooth distance has decreased although it seems to improve if you turn off wifi. Other than that, I'm very happy with it. I've had it for a couple of months now. No doubt my issue could be resolved with a software fix. As for yours, maybe that was more of a batch issue. sucks for sure
    12-29-2015 11:35 AM
    Hasn't had an issue since disabling FB messenger, drewood was right.

I still don't know how I feel about it though, Verizon is giving me an option to replace with any device of my liking.

I would only go 6s plus, they don't offer a 6p and I'm not interested in the v10

12-29-2015 12:28 PM
    Better yet disable all of facebook and use the browser.
    This.
    12-29-2015 12:48 PM
    Go for the 6s Plus
    12-29-2015 01:02 PM
    Hasn't had an issue since disabling FB messenger, drewood was right.

I still don't know how I feel about it though, Verizon is giving me an option to replace with any device of my liking.

I would only go 6s plus, they don't offer a 6p and I'm not interested in the v10

I feel the same way. I pay for a high end phone and just the idea that a basic function doesn't work just doesn't sit right with me...smh

12-29-2015 01:02 PM
    How does Facebook messenger effect the left side. I have it have not noticed an issue. Does Facebook messenger have to be open, or the pop ups on the left side?
    12-29-2015 04:57 PM
    Take that back, mine does do that, have noticed here and there but didn't link it to anything till reading this
    kendokken3 likes this.
    12-29-2015 05:03 PM
    I'd rather have the V10 over the Note 5, personally, but maybe that's just me. I don't mind the extra size, and I think the V10 is a gorgeous device (while the Note 5 is less than gorgeous...), and I also get the added benefit of expandable storage and a removable battery, which is alright by me.
    noobsquared likes this.
    12-29-2015 05:36 PM
    you should switch to a new one, i guess
    12-30-2015 11:57 AM
    I'd rather have the V10 over the Note 5, personally, but maybe that's just me. I don't mind the extra size, and I think the V10 is a gorgeous device (while the Note 5 is less than gorgeous...), and I also get the added benefit of expandable storage and a removable battery, which is alright by me.
    This. The V10 is clearly the better of the two this year, Samsung hasn't gotten software right since the GS2 which was the last half decent phone they ever made (in comparison to what else was available at the time). Maybe some day they'll finally let go of the tragedy that is Touchwiz which despite slimming down is still ugly and bloated. And that physical home button needs to go, which it will once their official Apple Copy Division gets rid of theirs
    noobsquared and gg22 like this.
    12-30-2015 06:07 PM
    I was thinking about switching too. Too much bloatware running in the background and going through the hassle of disabling everything just to make the phone run good. I may downgrade to a Moto G 2nd gen and save up money to pay off my Note 5 then sell it.
    12-30-2015 06:30 PM
    I wouldn't give up.
    12-30-2015 08:23 PM
    I have a Note 5 and an iPhone 6s Plus. I think my short love affair with the Note 5 may be coming to an end soon. I've been using the iPhone more and more over the last two weeks. I was infatuated with the Note 5, but little things started bothering me. Mainly the keyboard, twitter, and messaging. I've tried several keyboards, and as strange as it may sound, none give me the speed and accuracy of my iPhone keyboard. The next two issues are Android issues as opposed to Note 5 issues. I'm a heavy twitter user and I cannot find an Android twitter client as good as Tweetbot, which is unfortunately limited to iOS. I've tried about 10 different ones and while a few are really good, each of them is missing something. Tweetbot is the most complete Twitter client i've used. Lastly there is messaging. I hate the limitations of regular SMS messaging and only one of my regular contacts uses hangouts. iMessage has really spoiled me. I wish these carriers would hurry up and roll out RCS messaging. Since messaging and twitter are easily 70+ percent of my daily phone usage, I need to be fully satisfied with how a phone functions (or allows me to function) in these two areas. So yes, I'm leaning toward giving up my Note 5. I still have a Nexus 6 i can pop my sim card into if there is something on Android that I want/need.
    eallan likes this.
    12-30-2015 11:06 PM
    I have a Note 5 and an iPhone 6s Plus. I think my short love affair with the Note 5 may be coming to an end soon. I've been using the iPhone more and more over the last two weeks. I was infatuated with the Note 5, but little things started bothering me. Mainly the keyboard, twitter, and messaging. I've tried several keyboards, and as strange as it may sound, none give me the speed and accuracy of my iPhone keyboard. The next two issues are Android issues as opposed to Note 5 issues. I'm a heavy twitter user and I cannot find an Android twitter client as good as Tweetbot, which is unfortunately limited to iOS. I've tried about 10 different ones and while a few are really good, each of them is missing something. Tweetbot is the most complete Twitter client i've used. Lastly there is messaging. I hate the limitations of regular SMS messaging and only one of my regular contacts uses hangouts. iMessage has really spoiled me. I wish these carriers would hurry up and roll out RCS messaging. Since messaging and twitter are easily 70+ percent of my daily phone usage, I need to be fully satisfied with how a phone functions (or allows me to function) in these two areas. So yes, I'm leaning toward giving up my Note 5. I still have a Nexus 6 i can pop my sim card into if there is something on Android that I want/need.
    I am pretty much there myself. I've had to disable so much to enjoy the phone and it's ridiculous to me to have to do that. I think the phone is terrific, but this last week using this as my daily driver, I've had some pretty good moments,but also some pretty frustrating ones. I am basically on the fence of taking this back and going back to my 6s plus. I really wanted to like this phone and have been torn the last 2 days or so on what to do.
    Eddster and eallan like this.
    12-30-2015 11:47 PM
53 123