Wanting to add an android phone to switch back and forth from my 6s plus. Note 4, 5 or LG v10?

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a 6s plus which I love and may have some disposable income to purchase an android phone to switch SIM cards back and forth. I have had a Nexus 6p as a primary phone, but couldn't leave the iphone alone, so I went back. So, now I am considering getting a Note 5, Note 4 or LG v10 ( i know this is a Note 5 forum) as an additional phone to switch in and out of. Any suggestions as to which to get and at a reasonable price? I am adding the Note 4 to this because it is cheaper, it has a removable battery and sd card slot, but I am intrigued by the Note 5. I'm open for feedback.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to AndroidCentral.

What are the main features you are looking for in an Android device? Do you take a lot of selfies?

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
No, i hate taking selfies. Good camera quality light on bloatware, responsive, something good for light gaming and watching netflix or other videos, good battery life, good speaker quality and call quality. I like bells and whistles.

tion45

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm biased cause I have one but I would go with the LG v10. It's in between the note 4 and 5 but it has something your iPhone won't have. Removable battery, microsd card, plus if you like to take pictures and/or video you can mess around the manual settings. Otherwise if the v10 isn't your thing then go with the note 5

Posted via the Android Central App

tion45

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I would say hardware and Processing wise and maybe even price cause it to fall in between the note 4 & 5. Now if you really want a s pen, get the note 5 but otherwise I think the v10 is still a good option

Posted via the Android Central App

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
First off I wouldn't even consider the Note 4. Just remove that from your options. I own the note 4 and compared to my Note 5 it's seriously trash.

So now between the V10 and Note 5. That's tough. I own the LG G4 and it's seriously one of the fastest/smoothest phones I have ever used. There's absolutely no lag what so ever and the battery is insane. the camera is great too, much better than the galaxy cameras in my opinion. So I can only imagine the V10 is right up there too since its newer.

That being said I absolutely love my note 5 as well. I'll always buy a Note on release, from this point on its going to be a solid phone.

Tough call. Did you try them both? Why not buy one, use it for 7 a week and then take it back and try the other. Actually I would use it for 7 days then take it back and try the other. If you're not old on the other phone just do a complete device return, wait a week then go buy the other one.

throssel

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Like another person said, I would take out the Note 4, unless you NEED a removable battery or an SD card. The Note 5 is just the premium device with far better performance. The LG V10 is also an awesome device. They're both very powerful. I would go to the phone store to play with them both to see which user interface you prefer, they both differ greatly. The look and feel is also much different, so keep that in mind also. I personally love my Note 5 and I think it has all I want. Good luck with your decision! Both are great. You really can't go wrong with either.

Gold Platinum Galaxy Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463