Note 5 touch sense messed up?

JManHeyman

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
No longer guest, sorry for the repeat
Hello, my Note 5, which has been flawless until recently, can no longer detect skin contact on the bottom of the screen. There are no scratches on the device, much less any dents, because I've never dropped it; and, It's never gotten wet either. I think it's a transistor problem and not a software problem, because my S-Pen shows up when I hover over the area, and all attempts to restore, refresh, and use apps to fix that area have failed. I still can't think of what caused the problem; my only guess being that the battery, which get's very hot when fast charging, might have fried the transistors for that row and that layer of the screen , which is possible, but not likely. Anyways, simple tasks like typing and scrolling are difficult as that row is where my fingers need to be for those things.

here's a video of the problem using the Yet Another MultiTouch Test app
edit:don't have 10 posts so i cant share url's

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is the device still under warranty or do you have carrier provided insurance? Might be worth exercising this option(s) as it sounds like you may indeed have a hardware issue.

JManHeyman

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Its no longer under warranty from amazon, which is where I purchased it from, but i just sent an email to Samsung regarding the problem.