I have the Note 4 and like it very much. Is it worthwhile to upgrade to the 5? What are the basic differences between the two smartphones?
    12-29-2015 06:50 PM
    Note 5 vs Note 4

-no Bluetooth audio skipping issue on the note 5
    -fingerprint scanner is much better. No swiping required
    -no recent menu lag
    -no gallery lag
    -can double press home button to open camera
    -overall feels more fluid
    -camera particularly low light is improved
    -Curved back and slimmer frame makes it easier to hold
    -note 5 allows for 8 notifications in the notification bar, note 4 allows 6.

-no sd card
    -non removable battery
    -in direct sunlight in auto brightness, there is a streak running top to bottom on the screen. This isn't seen in situations not in direct sunlight.
    12-29-2015 07:13 PM
    I had the note4 before i gave it to my daughter. The battery seemed better than the note 5. I actually like the design of the note 4 better.

However the pros for me for the note 5 is the fingerprint sensor is actually usable, and the off screen memo is great.

If you are happy w the note 4 there isnt much reason to switch, unless you just eant the newest note. Both are great. I do not like the battery life on the note5 lately, but being non removable doesn't matter to me.

My daughter is still more than happy w the note 4, and lije i said i love the note 5 exceot the battery life isnt as good. The note5 should have had at least a 3500mah battery in my opinion to keep it a power phone.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    12-29-2015 08:45 PM
    The "Cons" aren't even cons, you don't need a removable battery, the thing will rapid charge in a hour, usually less than that, everything is cloud based, why would you need more than 64GB worth of storage on the phone, the streak thing is obviously a bad unit, mine doesn't have that. This is a no brainer upgrade, much sleeker, faster, better display phone with many more features. Get it.
    zmann and bassplayrguy like this.
    12-29-2015 10:26 PM
    Another note 5 con....bluetooth range is very short unless you turn off wifi. Many users develop dead zone in upper corner of screen.
    12-30-2015 12:49 PM
    Loved my note 4. Note 5 is definitely worth the upgrade.. No blutetooh issues here, no screen issues. I was one who needed a removable battery and swore I would not ever get a phone with out one. Glad I changed my mind,, battery life is amazing. Leave early, come home late and never run out of battery. Plug in and your fully charged in less than a hour.
    12-30-2015 07:50 PM
    Th Note 5 is a worthy upgrade only if the money isn't an issue. I am very happy with the upgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2016 12:35 AM
    Worth it all the way! No problems with bluetooth on Verizon model. Battery has been great for the fact I'm constantly on it at work. I just don't have any cons with the Note 5. Oh and lag is gone unless you start uploading and downloading themes out the rear. Like 10 at one time download to phone and uploading each one as dropbox asked if I wanted it save to that location. Given I did that the lag was not even close to an issue.
    01-02-2016 09:31 AM