anyone happy with the gear vr and note 5

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Wanting to get the new vr and all I read about is overheating....

Is there anyone out there happy with the device and enjoy watching movies and or series

Is it a worthy purchase or not

I will basically only use for movies and series

Posted via the Android Central App

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it pops up the to hot message all the time, you have to tap the sensor to clear the message.

Usually pops up switching between apps. Could go back for this reason and the fact it forces me to use WiFi, I want to use it on 4G to.

atomicpower

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine was delivered on the 31st. Got it for free with the $100 gift card I got for signing up for Samsung Pay. Haven't had a lot of time to use it so I can't say much about heating issues. I haven't purchased anything yet but there is some free stuff that's surprisingly good. Resolution isn't great but in spite of that, it's still immersive. I think if you've got a compatible phone, go for it....VR is gonna be a thing.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine should be here this week, I also got mine for free. I have the innovator for my S6 edge (work phone) and it is awesome. I am wondering if with this new device and on the note 5 will there be more things to do than the old one?

work:G.S.6 edge play: G.S. Note 5
Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Galaxy Gear S & Gear 1 (tizen)
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1(Sold)
Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Galaxy Gear Circle & Level speaker box
Galaxy Gear VR for S6

llmickey

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I have had the Note 5 since it came out. I'm an avid samsung lover and have had all the galaxy phones. I must say this one is my favorite. It runs smoothly and fast, I've had no issues.

I also have the gear vr, I love it but it makes me nausea in some games. My son also has one and he absolutely loves it! My husband also uses mine and he loves it, neither my husband or son get nausea. It is the coolest gadget I have ever bought and definitely makes you feel like you're right there. Some games require a controller.

My opinion is both are fantastic and I don't think you'd regret buying either of them. How this helps you out.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I just got my new VR, and compared to the innovator edition, you can tell where they saved some money to make it cheaper, but using my Note 5 over the S6 is awesome. The note 5 is a lot faster and it looks a lot better too.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear & Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition
Samsung Gear VR for Note 5

jimkar

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used a controller with the VR, is so please share your experiences and recommendations.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Got the Note 5 the day it was released, and the Gear VR from BestBuy when released. Love both. Watching a movie on a large virtual screen is awesome. So far I have not had any ill effects from using the VR. But than I do not play a lot of games on it either.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i love mine! its is better than i thought it would be for $99. one of the funnest part is watching people "try it out" and see them get into it...

i also have a asus controller for the fmaes, it helps out alot!

ive only seen the overheat message one session, but keept bypassing the message....phone was warm but but not hot....hasn't happened since??

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I picked up the gear vr today. So far is is very nice. I have had more fun with this thing that I thought I would. Watching movies on this is amazing. It truly is a immersion experience.

kingkong90210

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
i've got some questions for you guys with the gear VR

1) does the gear vr allow the use of other apps as well or only the occulus app?

i currently use a plastic cardboard device and was wondering the the gear device would support the apps i currently use?

2)any of you use glasses with it? whats that like vision wise and comfort wise?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463