Does anyone have a clear TPU case from Spigen that has never changed color? (yellow or brown)

jimkar

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I have ha mine for about a month, no issues. I have the gold phone so a bit of yellow/ brown is tolerable for $10.

Posted via the Android Central App

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have ha mine for about a month, no issues. I have the gold phone so a bit of yellow/ brown is tolerable for $10.

Posted via the Android Central App

I had two Spigen cases that changed colors after just two short months. Spigen replaced them, but the replacement cases also changed colors after a couple of months. They blame it on the sun because I carry my phone outside or in my car. :( My Note 5 is white so it looks ugly. Should have gotten a gold one, which would have matched the discolored clear TPU cases perfectly! :)

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Neo Hybrid Crystal and the Liquid Crystal. The Neo Hybrid changed color. The liquid crystal is still as good as the day I got it about 2 months ago.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the Neo Hybrid Crystal and the Liquid Crystal. The Neo Hybrid changed color. The liquid crystal is still as good as the day I got it about 2 months ago.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

Interesting... so I guess Spigen uses a different clear TPU material for the Liquid Crystal case. I bought one but returned it. I was not brave enough to use it becuase it offered only minimal drop protection. Perhaps I should give it another try. :)

Jzamora1978

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the clear tpu air cushion and it's very yellow. Looked good for about two months, then it turned really yellow. Nice case if it stayed clear

ielement v2

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
All Urethanes like Thermoplastic Urethane, or Polyurethane turn yellow after UV-Exposure or oxidation. There's nothing you can do about it, except adding UV-Protectors during the manufacturing process, or simply adding color to it. That's why most kitchen sponges are dyed yellow or some other color, You'll hardly ever find white sponges. By adding UV protectors some properties like transparancy can get lost, thats why your case gets yellow, because there are no protectors in it.
It's the same thing with grey/white ABS Plastic, which ages very bad.

I'd never buy a clear TPU case ;)

OdinXandee

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I bought a clear Spigen case for my Pixel XL in mid November and although it hasn't turned yellow or brown like previous cases on other phones, it has turned light pink. I'm not sure if the skin I have on my phone has something to do with it or the fact that I clean the case and phone with a very soft sheet that's red. I don't mind light pink though lol yellow and brown just look dirty when transparent.

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine still has a bit of a bluish tint to it, but I use the UltraThin black as my daily driver case. Both my Spigens are over a year old though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12