Google photos question

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I just switched from an iPhone 6s plus to the note 5 and I have all my pictures and videos in google photos but one issue is when I go t ok play a video on my phone in google photos it takes forever to play it has to load. I see the download option but that seems to do nothing where does it get stored? Is there an easy way that I can get this video stored in the videos app on my note so that it's stored on the phone and can play immediately?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you've tried to download the video to the phone. If not, then there could be some buffering and resultant delay when trying to play/stream the video directly over the internet from the Google Photos cloud service.

If the video is downloaded, on my Note 5 a video or picture from Google Photos will go to Device Storage\Download folder. From there I usually move the file(s) to Pictures or the Videos directory.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I have the file downloaded and was able to find it. But when I go to play it, it says unable to find application to perform this action. It is showing up as .mov file is that not compatible? Do I have to convert them to something else first?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes .mov files are native to iphones video formats. The stock apps on the Note won't play it. You can download MX Player, there's a free version and it will play those files.