I am getting a bit worried as my Note 5 does not last as long as it did since I bought it. I keep a regular check on Battery Usage built-in app. Nothing unusual has been happening, no unusual drain.
    Is it because of the way I charge?
    I plug my Note 5 only when the battery Drains TO 20% everyday.
    Is this the right method of Charging everyday? I have had many discussions but everyone had different methods

A few Charged at 70% - They said it is good for battery life and this way battery stays healthy.
    A few waited till 10% - saying this is better for the battery.

Please give an explanation if possible.
    Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-05-2016 05:45 AM
    How old is the battery? You can expect to see some drop off in performance after about a year's usage.

With earlier battery technologies, it was suggested that you bring the battery close to empty (10-15%) prior to recharging due to the battery's "memory" effect. That rule does not apply to modern Li-Ion batteries. I found this interesting chart, here How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University :

Correct method of Charging?? Help-capture.png

Notice the huge drop off in potential battery discharge cycles when the battery is allowed to fully discharge (100%) between cycles. Clearly, recharging at 50% empty is better than at 100% empty; the question is, where along the line between 50% empty and 100% empty is optimal?
    Nsh222 likes this.
    01-05-2016 07:26 AM
    Thanks for the detailed reply. Will take this in consideration. However my Note 5 is just 4 months old. If the performance will decrease by time, I can only imagine what will happen in an years time 😁.
    Btw I do not play any games on the device or have any videos or music.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-05-2016 08:08 AM
    Try to keep it above 50% as much as possible and it'll last a good bit longer. Consider having the battery replaced at the 1 year period as well if you're going to keep it for 2 years.
    01-06-2016 07:26 AM
    Try to keep it above 50% as much as possible and it'll last a good bit longer. Consider having the battery replaced at the 1 year period as well if you're going to keep it for 2 years.
    And where would the battery be replaced? As far as I know, you'll have to send off the phone to Samsung.

What was said to me prior to purchasing...

Use your extended warranty through VZ and have them send you a refurbished phone, assuming the battery is not keeping a good charge.

One reason I almost went to Apple Phones is that I could take the phone into the nearby Apple Store and in one hour with an appointment, I'll have a new battery for about seventy five bucks.

I hope these SEALED Samsung batteries in the Note 5 last a few years.

Btw... I usually fast charge to 100% whenever the battery drops to 30-40%, or there abouts. Have recharged at 20% on a few occasions.
    01-06-2016 08:03 AM
    There are plenty of places around here that offer battery replacement on all kinds of devices - and I live in the sticks for the most part. Phone would still easily pass some warranty service pre-inspection. But your Verizon advance return thing is a good idea too!
    01-06-2016 08:59 AM
    I usually top mine off several times a day at work. Rarely gets below 80 percent.
    01-06-2016 10:13 AM
    Wow the Note 5 is easy to take apart and replace just the battery. I wouldn't fret about it. Look it up on youtube. Much easier than an iPhone to replace parts.
    01-06-2016 11:11 AM
    Also there are walk on service centers for Samsung in the US, about 7 right now. It is listed on their site, you might be close to one. Outside of the US they are all over the place.
    01-07-2016 06:05 PM