Note 5 - Android M (6.0) update - Still waiting

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
When the 6.0 update arrives, I finally hope that VZ double and triple checks it BEFORE releasing it.

My Note 5 is running smoothly in every aspect. Especially connecting to WiFi and 4G and battery life.

In the past, there were SO MANY problems with VZ and Samsung updates.

I don't want any problems!

VZ... are you reading this?

Install Package Disabler Pro, disable carrier updates (mine is AT&T software update, I'm guessing Verizon's is something along those lines). Wait a month or so to see what you hear from real users about the update. If it's all good, re-enable updates and pull the trigger.

That's my path anyway.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
When the 6.0 update arrives, I finally hope that VZ double and triple checks it BEFORE releasing it.

My Note 5 is running smoothly in every aspect. Especially connecting to WiFi and 4G and battery life.

In the past, there were SO MANY problems with VZ and Samsung updates.

I don't want any problems!

VZ... are you reading this?

I have DirecTV and they sent out an offer when AT&T acquired them this past October. It was an offer "too good to refuse" so after 23 years with Verizon, I switched. I have been very happy so far but, to get to my point, my Note 5 has been running so well with Lollipop, I hate to even think about a new OS. My Note 4 was hell when VZW updated to Lollipop - the AT&T Note 5 came with Lollipop and has worked so well, I'd say it's the BEST cellphone experience I've ever had. They can keep Marshmallow as far as I'm concerned (all though, the Battery Keeper? idea sounds great)! That's it... sorry for the long winded reply!

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I have DirecTV and they sent out an offer when AT&T acquired them this past October. It was an offer "too good to refuse" so after 23 years with Verizon, I switched. I have been very happy so far but, to get to my point, my Note 5 has been running so well with Lollipop, I hate to even think about a new OS. My Note 4 was hell when VZW updated to Lollipop - the AT&T Note 5 came with Lollipop and has worked so well, I'd say it's the BEST cellphone experience I've ever had. They can keep Marshmallow as far as I'm concerned (all though, the Battery Keeper? idea sounds great)! That's it... sorry for the long winded reply!

They (AT&T) will push the update to your phone and there's nothing you can do about it. I think you can postpone it once but then go to bed with your phone on and wake up with an updated OS. Simple fix as I said above. Buy Package Disabler Pro, it's relatively cheap, and disable AT&T system updates until the general population starts to talk about the good and bad of the update. Then, you can decide if it's good to update or not.

svtalex

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I mean if we don't hurry and get marshmallow. The next update will be around the corner lol Android N lol!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ratbert90

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree. It's pretty much lollipop with the ability to control app permissions and doze mode.

So long as they keep pushing security updates in a timely manner, I am happy. My entire business is on that phone and there is no excuse not to push security updates in a timely manner.

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Write on PDF app just updated via Google play, and it's changelog simply stated that it was updated for Android 6.0. Mean anything? Am I looking far too much into it? Probably...

The nexus 6p is running 6.0 therefore all Google apps have been updatung for 6.0

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Adding a vote for the "getting it right and take longer" option. So far the Note 5 has been great for me. Fluid, no lag...

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Take it slow and get it right. The N5 works super well now and there is no compelling new features in v6 to require anyone to rush.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I am looking forward to is the app permissions and hopefully better battery life. The main thing I miss from my iPhone 6s Plus is being able to control what app is using my location and when. I could set certain apps to only use it while I'm using them. That was a tremendous batter saver. Other than that I am pretty happy with the transition to android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34