I have recently bought a Galaxy Note 5 Duos (model SM-N9200). I decided to get this one because it was dual sim and to make sure that I could use two sim cards in Japan, (one is English, the other one is Japanese). I bought it in Hong Kong, and they confirmed me at the Samsung official store that it should work just fine in Japan with both SIM cards.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to enable the 'Dual SIM always on' option. I got a message that Call Forwarding and Call Waiting failed for both SIM cards. It also seems that only one SIM card can be active at a time, the one that I specify to use 3G/4G. It makes sense to have just one active data connection, but I don't understand why I can't receive calls in the SIM card that is in 2G only. If I change 3G/4G to be enabled on the other one, then the first has no signal. They both operate on the NTT Docomo network, but not concurrently.

Could anyone explain how this works and why I can't enable both SIM cards to make and receive calls?

Thanks
    01-05-2016 11:48 PM
    As far as I know, both SIM slots need to support 3G/4G at the same time if you want dual-sim functionality in Japan. Most Japan networks (Softbank and NTT Docomo being the major ones) no longer support 2G. Their 2G, when it was enabled, was not based on GSM anyway but on some other standard that was not as widely used (in Europe & Asia anyway).
    02-23-2016 08:02 AM
    Hi, sorry for the late reply. I confirm that SZQnl is right. Japan does not have 2G network, therefore only one SIM can be active at a time. I went to England and both SIM cards were active. So, do not bother buying a dual SIM phone if you plan to live in Japan!
    04-12-2016 12:30 AM
    Hello there
    NOTE 5 DUOS my device SM N9208 CSC Malaysia . .. my device ASIA

I want to install ROMs for this device EUROPE ROM . . EUROPE MODEL SM N920CD
    I've tried it, but gave error
    maybe I could not
    Does anyone have information?
    can you help me ?
    thankssss
    05-16-2016 03:14 PM
    Hello there
    NOTE 5 DUOS my device SM N9208 CSC Malaysia
    ASIA my device
    I want to install ROMs for this device EUROPEAN EUROPEAN EUROPEAN MODEL SM ROM N920CD
    I've tried it, but gave error
    maybe I could not
    or
    Which model SM N ???? Need to install
    FOR EUROPE
    which supports
    Which ROM ???
    to take a different ROM
    Do I need to change the CSC code?
    what should I do ?
    Does anyone have information?
    Could you please help me ?