Question

Mike_786

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the SM-N920i. It's the international version so I felt like I was never going to get Samsung pay thats why I rooted my device. The only thing I miss is private mode but the other features with root make up for it.

Mike_786

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Alright so I'm trying to get xposed on my phone and I have all the files already downloaded. The only question I have is can you flash that file on top of stock touchwiz. The only thing I've changed is my kernel.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Alright so I'm trying to get xposed on my phone and I have all the files already downloaded. The only question I have is can you flash that file on top of stock touchwiz. The only thing I've changed is my kernel.

Never mind, I wasn't paying close enough attention and was thinking only one person on here was thinking about rooting.

You have the international version.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... for Xposed to work, you will need to have your phone rooted. You might be able to flash Xposed, but without root access, you won't be able to do anything with it.

As for the instructions, you will need to find the exact steps specific to your model. I don't have a Note 5, so I have no personal experience loading Xposed on it, so I am not going to make any assumptions.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What is the benefit of rooting your phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

For me the only benefit is to be able to disable carrier bloat. Now that Package Disabler Pro is available for Samsung phones, there is no reason for root for me. I can disable anything really with that. Some people like root for ad blocking apps. Some like to tweak and use a custom ROM that looks like a newer version of Android.

A negative to rooting now is Android Pay and Samsung Pay won't work on rooted phones, unless they found a way around it. Even if they did find a way around it, I wouldn't put my bank info on a rooted phone, there can be security exposures with rooted phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis