Note5 on the way

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Should use a screen protector. Gorilla glass is scratch resistant, not scratch proof.

To each his own, I haven't scratched one of my phones going all they way back to the earliest forms of scratch resistant glass on my Samsung Vibrant - which phone I still have. In fact I kept all of my old Samsung phones which are all scratch free on the glass anyway. Plus even if I had scratched the glass, I would rather risk it and enjoy the clarity and feel of the Gorilla glass. I am prepared to take the gamble which, in my case is minimal.

Paulette Palmieri

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered one Saturday night through Sprint.I have the s6 edge but wanted to try a Note.I never had one.I am psyched to get it!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
oh and did i mention ...finger print scanner, WOW, so much better than the note 4 one, and damn this thing is sooooo fast, the s-pen is great too, real smooth to write with, no complaints from me so far

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
oh and did i mention ...finger print scanner, WOW, so much better than the note 4 one, and damn this thing is sooooo fast, the s-pen is great too, real smooth to write with, no complaints from me so far

Yes. The S Pen along with the amazing display and no lag keeps me glued to the Note 5.

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

Congratulations! I too was impressed with the Note 5. In fact, I bought mine fully intending to return it during the buyer's remorse period because of the absence of the SD card & user replaceable battery. But once I experienced the outstanding performance, S Pen, gorgeous screen and the great workarounds for the SD card and the battery those previously perceived faults faded into history and I never looked back.

I am self employed in the wholesale grocery business, I had no idea how valuable the S Pen would turn out to be! In the first two weeks the notes that I made and retrieved with the S Pen paid for the phone and service several times over. It's invaluable to me to be able to jot price quotations, order information, contact info, etc. quickly and easily and they are so easily retrievable.

cane929

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Funny you say that robonik, I bought my Note 5 also thinking if I don't like it I have 14 days to decide, but wow, what a beast of a phone, can't believe what I was missing with my iphone 5, I also agree (although this is my first fingerprint device) the fingerprint works great, I have 4 fingers programmed and they work like a charm, I am a little over whelmed at the moment with all that this phone offers, way beyond my capabilities :)

cane929

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Funny you say that robonik, I bought my Note 5 also thinking if I don't like it I have 14 days to decide, but wow, what a beast of a phone, can't believe what I was missing with my iphone 5, I also agree (although this is my first fingerprint device) the fingerprint works great, I have 4 fingers programmed and they work like a charm, I am a little over whelmed at the moment with all that this phone offers, way beyond my capabilities :)

I might have spoke too soon, it could be just me and lack of experience with Android, but boy had a very rough day with my one day old Note 5, from refusing to stay connected to my car to lost signal and couldn't make any calls until I restarted the phone twice, first restart didn't fix problem. Samsung pay wouldn't work due to the GPS not able to find location, Amazon prime music stopped streaming, the phone acted as if it was in Airplane mode but it was off, so not sure what happened but will be researching it, any advise is appreciated. Love the phone otherwise.

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I might have spoke too soon, it could be just me and lack of experience with Android, but boy had a very rough day with my one day old Note 5, from refusing to stay connected to my car to lost signal and couldn't make any calls until I restarted the phone twice, first restart didn't fix problem. Samsung pay wouldn't work due to the GPS not able to find location, Amazon prime music stopped streaming, the phone acted as if it was in Airplane mode but it was off, so not sure what happened but will be researching it, any advise is appreciated. Love the phone otherwise.

Don't worry, if you continue to have issues warranty will solve your problem(s). I had a Bluetooth connection problem where it kept dropping my new Plantronics high-end headset. I never had that problem with my Galaxy S5 "flagship" which is now relegated to being a back up device. It took 2 warranty exchanges through T-Mobile to correct my issue but now the phone is perfect. I thought I would be switching back and forth with the S5 - no way - I love the Note 5.

Good luck.

cane929

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Don't worry, if you continue to have issues warranty will solve your problem(s). I had a Bluetooth connection problem where it kept dropping my new Plantronics high-end headset. I never had that problem with my Galaxy S5 "flagship" which is now relegated to being a back up device. It took 2 warranty exchanges through T-Mobile to correct my issue but now the phone is perfect. I thought I would be switching back and forth with the S5 - no way - I love the Note 5.

Good luck.

Thanks, yeah, I am not too worried about it, discovered today why I can't connect to our network extender (verizon have week signal by where we live) I had to switch off HD calling feature, then it connected to the extender with no problems.
Love the phone so far.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded from an S4 to Note 5 back in August. Hands down blows that phone clear out of the water, feels great, runs great, and handles everything I've thrown at it to date and has barely gotten warm. Haters will hate, but hard not to love the 5.

cane929

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Verizon did a system/account/signal reset and its working like a charm now, I noticed it was much faster now (don't know if I am imagining but it feels like it) love it so far.

Also, the UAG is simply an amazing case :) thanks to all that recommended it.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I've always used screen protectors on phones but I'm tempted to yank this one off. I got a couple extras so it would be no big deal to put it back on. They just seem to accumulate junk much more than glass. Doesn't matter how good they are, which brand, after awhile they collect oils and such on the surface and become a chore to clean while a naked screen remains easy to wipe. I've had a naked iPad Air for some time now with no protector and the screen is still perfect. Maybe apples and oranges since it stays at home but it is still exposed to dust and particles.

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I've always used screen protectors on phones but I'm tempted to yank this one off. I got a couple extras so it would be no big deal to put it back on. They just seem to accumulate junk much more than glass. Doesn't matter how good they are, which brand, after awhile they collect oils and such on the surface and become a chore to clean while a naked screen remains easy to wipe. I've had a naked iPad Air for some time now with no protector and the screen is still perfect. Maybe apples and oranges since it stays at home but it is still exposed to dust and particles.

Go with your temptation! Enjoy your phone in all its glory without putting any protection on your Gorilla Glass! No need to believe the marketing on screen protection, it is just not necessary with normal use of your devices equipped with Gorilla Glass. There are some users that as soon as they buy a shiny new cell phone feel the need to rush to the accessory rack and start buying all kinds of goodies to protect their investment.

I agree 100% when it comes to a good case, one like Tech 21 with impact resistant D3O material, there are many other good brands of cases that work as well.

But as for the screen, think about it! It is your primary link to your device, it's the one thing that comes between you and your information, your photos, your videos and everything else you need from your device. So why distort or otherwise impair your visual and tactile enjoyment with unnecessary protection?

Here's is evidence that should dispel any paranoia of damaging your device with normal use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cga2vfmGyMY

I am not the most careful person in the world and I have no scratches on any smart phone screen I've owned since 2010 including a Vibrant, a Galaxy S2, an iPhone (hate to admit but tried one for a couple months then sold it), Galaxy S5 and now the Note5. I still use my SGS2 on a daily basis as a timer, alarm clock, etc. No scratches or signs of wear on any of the screens on any of my devices.

Burwil, you are 100% correct, when it comes to screen protectors: "They just seem to accumulate junk much more than glass. Doesn't matter how good they are, which brand, after awhile they collect oils and such on the surface and become a chore to clean while a naked screen remains easy to wipe."

I couldn't agree with you more, and furthermore, they just don't feel right. But most importantly, they are unnecessary on Gorilla Glass given the strength of the product. Using screen protection over Gorilla Glass would be like putting a Kevlar, bullet proof vest on the Terminator. :)

Enjoy your Note 5!

Last edited:

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
After a full week or so, I stuck on this thing, battery could be better, but having had so many smart phones that suck battery power I have resigned myself to always have a charger wherever I'm at, and home, work, car, whatever, I wouldn't trade this for anything except maybe a note 6 lol. It's been great, hope I didn't just jinx it though

Posted via the Android Central App

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine always spends time a a wireless charger daily...one or twice per day. One for home and one for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12