Note 5 4G to 1x dropping all calls...

A

AC Question

I just activated my Note 5.
It looks like I have good 4G reception but as soon as I make a call the reception drops to x1. Even if I have 5 bars of 1x my calls will not go through and my phone does not even ring for incoming calls.
I've read that you have to turn on Advanced Calling, is that correct?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have Verizon? It'd be best to turn on Advanced Calling, so that you can make calls over 4G LTE, as well as having the ability to make calls and surf the web simultaneously.

kmolls

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Simultaneous Voice/Data is not absolutely necessary, but the basic problem is that my reception drops immediately 1x when I make or receive calls. My outgoing calls are rarely connecting and I incoming calls go directly to VM.
I had a Note3 and had some of the same issues, lower reception when calling or receiving but at least I could make and receive calls.

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Unless you turned on VOLTE, all your calls will be made over 1x... If you enable advanced calling, you will see the issue disappear, but others have reported some more serious issues with the advanced calling enabled - Wi-Fi drops, Data Lockups, etc...

You'll have to decide which is more important - signal quality or reliability. Of course, if you're dropping calls on 2G, you have way bigger issues with Verizon in your area. Are you sure that there wasn't a tower down or something?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech