Lately, i been having buyers remorse with my note 5. At first, i couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. The screen is great and i have no complaints. I started looking into apple and i even considered having 2 phones.

Well today, i finally figured out what my issue is. Its the back of the phone. When i hold the phone in "landscape mode" it just doesnt feel right. The curved edges on the back really throw me off and i feel like the phone is best when held vertically. This ruins my netflix/hulu experience.

Dont get me wrong, i like android, and the screen is great and the phone works fine, but i didnt have this problem until i started using it without a case. I got to play around with my co workers galaxy s6 and 6s plus amd i realized that those phones are flat in the back..seriously samsung? Wth?

Anyways, its too late to take the phone back and im not sure that i would be ok with ios due to the lack of customization. My only other choice would be to get a galaxy s6, which has a flat back and looks nice, but its smaller . I just cant seem to win here, any advice?

P.s. i could try a case, but all the cases are bulky and ugly. Not to mention that ive had to replace the screen protector 4 times on this phone already. Thanks Zagg! Accessories for the iphone just seem to be better than for the note.
    01-07-2016 08:41 PM
    Lately, i been having buyers remorse with my note 5. At first, i couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. The screen is great and i have no complaints. I started looking into apple and i even considered having 2 phones.

Well today, i finally figured out what my issue is. Its the back of the phone. When i hold the phone in "landscape mode" it just doesnt feel right. The curved edges on the back really throw me off and i feel like the phone is best when held vertically. This ruins my netflix/hulu experience.

Dont get me wrong, i like android, and the screen is great and the phone works fine, but i didnt have this problem until i started using it without a case. I got to play around with my co workers galaxy s6 and 6s plus amd i realized that those phones are flat in the back..seriously samsung? Wth?

Anyways, its too late to take the phone back and im not sure that i would be ok with ios due to the lack of customization. My only other choice would be to get a galaxy s6, which has a flat back and looks nice, but its smaller . I just cant seem to win here, any advice?

P.s. i could try a case, but all the cases are bulky and ugly. Not to mention that ive had to replace the screen protector 4 times on this phone already. Thanks Zagg! Accessories for the iphone just seem to be better than for the note.
    Assuming you own the note 5 you could sell it and get the s6 edge plus. It's flat on the back but maybe you wouldn't like the edge screen?

Or maybe the nexus 6p or lg v10? People seem to like those phones.

Not that it helps you but I agree with you about iPhone accessories. There are more of them, they are better quality and they look better.

Posted via the Android Central App
    seancojr likes this.
    01-07-2016 08:50 PM

My advice would be to keep trying to get used to the back. I have the opposite feelings, I like the curves and feel they help. My case is a very thin one to that helps with the grip. I came from am iPhone 6s plus and the note5 is a step above in most categories. Everyone has their preference though.

Posted via my Galaxy Note5
    seancojr likes this.
    01-07-2016 08:51 PM
    Assuming you own the note 5 you could sell it and get the s6 edge plus. It's flat on the back but maybe you wouldn't like the edge screen?

Or maybe the nexus 6p or lg v10? People seem to like those phones.

Not that it helps you but I agree with you about iPhone accessories. There are more of them, they are better quality and they look better.

My friend has an lg amd she likes it. I was looking for something with more or less the same specs tho. You are right about the edge 6 plus. The curved screen is a no no

My advice would be to keep trying to get used to the back. I have the opposite feelings, I like the curves and feel they help. My case is a very thin one to that helps with the grip. I came from am iPhone 6s plus and the note5 is a step above in most categories. Everyone has their preference though.

Posted via my Galaxy Note5
    I will keep trying but its wierd
    seancojr likes this.
    01-07-2016 08:55 PM
    The shape of the Note 5 is one of the best of phones, it is very comfortable. Also there are thin, clear cases that work great. I have one by Spidgen and it even has clickable buttons for the power and volume buttons, which is really nice.
    alhc78 likes this.
    01-07-2016 08:56 PM
    The shape of the Note 5 is one of the best of phones, it is very comfortable. Also there are thin, clear cases that work great. I have one by Spidgen and it even has clickable buttons for the power and volume buttons, which is really nice.
    I have the clear spigen too but it doesn't fix OP'S problem as the case forms around the curves instead of straightening them out.

01-07-2016 08:59 PM
    Curves are barely noticeable with mine.
    01-07-2016 09:09 PM
    You appear to have more issues than the shape of the back of the phone. You mentioned crapple devices more than once. The shape of the back of the phone RUINED your hulu experience??? If this is your only complaint you are doing great!
    01-07-2016 09:21 PM
    I watch Netflix, hulu, and YouTube all the time on my Note 5.
    I have a case that is so thin my brother didn't know I had a case on it. I also have thicker cases for protecting the phone when I'm out, and my screen protector has been on since I bought it, haven't replaced it once.

But, everyone has different opinions and preferences.
    If you're unhappy, buy a different device that better fits your needs.
    msndrstood and tboy72 like this.
    01-08-2016 05:36 AM
    I don't like the feel of this phone naked, there are very good cases available. I wouldn't go S6 (I had that previously) as you will be very disappointed with the batter life compared to the Note 5.
    01-08-2016 07:07 AM
    I don't like the feel of this phone naked, there are very good cases available. I wouldn't go S6 (I had that previously) as you will be very disappointed with the batter life compared to the Note 5.
    And the horribly slow fingerprint scanner.

01-08-2016 10:20 AM
    I don't understand, didn't you do a touchy feely before you bought the phone? I always check them out in person before I buy. I love the curves although mine is in a wallet case and it hides all its beauty, but it's well protected, and that's what counts for me. You probably should get an Apple device, no surprises. 😊
    pool_shark likes this.
    01-08-2016 11:18 AM
    And the horribly slow fingerprint scanner.

The slow fingerprint scanner??
    01-08-2016 12:56 PM
    The slow fingerprint scanner??
    Yes. The s6 scanner is slow compared to the note 5.
    01-08-2016 09:41 PM
    Hmm.. I don't recall my S6E one being noticeably slower than my Note 5.
    01-08-2016 09:44 PM
    Hmm.. I don't recall my S6E one being noticeably slower than my Note 5.
    For me it's considerable. I've tried re-doing it multiple times on the s6. Same results.
    01-08-2016 09:46 PM
    You might have a hardware issue with your scanner then. Mine was also very accurate on my S6E.
    01-08-2016 09:48 PM
    You might have a hardware issue with your scanner then. Mine was also very accurate on my S6E.
    Not so much inaccurate as it was slow. It got it 90% of the time. Just slow to do so.
    01-08-2016 10:09 PM
    I agree with others on here I also love the feel of the phone I feel the curve helps in holding the phone especially for one hand, I have larger hands so one hand works for me with this phone but I feel it's the design that helps with the phone naturally being larger, but in the end you have to get what fits your needs, I agree if u want something different just sell the phone and get the iphone if you feel that is what you want, however I think the note is far better phone for any of the iphone currently out, but again I am not an apple fan and being told what apps I can have and cannot have.

01-08-2016 11:14 PM
    I agree with others on here I also love the feel of the phone I feel the curve helps in holding the phone especially for one hand, I have larger hands so one hand works for me with this phone but I feel it's the design that helps with the phone naturally being larger, but in the end you have to get what fits your needs, I agree if u want something different just sell the phone and get the iphone if you feel that is what you want, however I think the note is far better phone for any of the iphone currently out, but again I am not an apple fan and being told what apps I can have and cannot have.

It is a huge difference than the Note 4. The Note 4 thickness and shape just made it a bit to big for me and too heavy. The shape of the back is what makes all the difference in the world for the Note 5.

I'm shocked to hear someone complain about the shape, even people that don't like Samsungs have talked about the shape and how it is good in your hands.
    01-08-2016 11:22 PM
    I also have some byers remorse. Had an HTC 8 and it seemed to do everything I asked of it. My Note 5 refuses to sync with other Samsung devices. Seems a bit odd.

01-08-2016 11:56 PM
    I also have some byers remorse. Had an HTC 8 and it seemed to do everything I asked of it. My Note 5 refuses to sync with other Samsung devices. Seems a bit odd.

What do you mean by sync? What problem are you having exactly?
    01-09-2016 12:21 AM

I love these really thin soft touch cases - makes the phone feel nice and grippy like a nexus 5 or 2013 nexus 7. It's the rubberized hybrid, btw.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01196XTH4...cUvbUpU4940578
    01-09-2016 10:44 AM