Note 5 volume problems...

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello all!, I'm new to the Galaxy family of phones, but my new Note 5 while listening to headphones will grow softer and louder all on its own. I dont know why or if i can fix it, but i can be listening to a song on the lowest volume setting and its perfect, then itll grow softer, quieter for no reason and i have to turn the volume up, then it goes back to the normal volume (which is now turned up) which is too loud lol feels like im going crazy. Its usually returns to the normal volume right after a notification sound happens, but not always. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved to the Note5 forum. Are these wired or Bluetooth headphones? If they're wired, do they have a remote volume control? Sometimes, headphones can have minor compatibility issues with certain devices, leading to false commands like volume up or down sent through the headphone jack.

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Happens on both my bluetooth and wired, and there is no volume control on the wired ones, they are expensive studio booth headphones, and its not the volume changing, the setting itself does not move. The audio just seems to get quieter almost like a notification is about to go off, but it doesnt. It just stays quiet, then all on its on itll fix itself, sometimes after a few seconds sometimes a whole lot longer

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The carrier usually doesn't matter--Safe Mode will be the same on a given model across carriers. Are you saying that you've already tried it, and the problem persists?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac