FaceTime for Android?

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone get FaceTime for Android in the latest update? A friend of mine said she got it. I don't see it.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone get FaceTime for Android in the latest update? A friend of mine said she got it. I don't see it.

Highly doubtful. FaceTime is apple's service. Currently the only service they have on android is Apple Music.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

TMO has their own version though right now it is only compatible with certain phones. I've had it for months, I don't know about other carriers though.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not on AT&T.

But why not use FB Messenger? It allows voice and video calls and obviously is not restricted by carrier so long as both phones have front facing cameras. Works well for me.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but, I refuse to get, or use Facebook. Simply isn't going to happen. But, if that is a solution for others, great...

PS: are you saying Tango doesn't work on AT&T? If so, that's a shame.

Not on AT&T.

But why not use FB Messenger? It allows voice and video calls and obviously is not restricted by carrier so long as both phones have front facing cameras. Works well for me.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done video on the phone with Skype though I did use it for talking to my mom on her tablet when she was out of the country. It worked great for a phone call for me.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Note with Skype and Hangouts, the person you call would also have to have those services installed and setup on their devices.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hangouts is basically google's version of FaceTime but it is cross compatible with all OS (android, apple, windows). It works good, my 1 daughter has an iPhone while the rest of the family has Android. We use hangouts with her & her iPhone.

Klale0819

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 5 and there is a FaceTime option, but I think it's only available between Samsung device. I have 2 sons in college one has an HTC and the other has an S5, I can FaceTime with my son who has S5. Feature is not available on HTC.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry Messenger has a video chat feature as well and available cross platform although not as popular as the others mentioned.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the Replies. So apparently if the dialer is available it will show green when you call the person.
Mystery Solved!

Attachments

• 9263.jpg
    9263.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 390