I've really noticed since the last update a noticeable amount of battery drain when the phone is not being used. Sometimes I could be at my desk and the phone isn't being used and it will drain about 5% in about 10 minutes. Why is that so? I wish the phone had the Doze feature like the Nexus phones have because I use my phone heavily. There are some days I have to use my Fast Charge Battery Pack to regain that juice. I don't have pictures to show because my phone was thrown in a pool the other day.
    01-10-2016 04:52 PM
    It should not drain that fast. You either have a rogue app or something like that.

However since your phone made it to a pool, getting a replacement will be difficult depending on the phone insurance you have.

If the phone works fine after it is dried out i would suggest checking the added apps you have, and maybe consider a factory data reset.

Also are you in an area of good coverage? If the phone is always trying to hook onto a signal, or you have an app that gets stuck trying to sync because of low signal it can drain your battery faster. That fast i don't know for sure.

Good luck w the soggy phone!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-11-2016 07:29 AM
    It should not drain that fast. You either have a rogue app or something like that.

However since your phone made it to a pool, getting a replacement will be difficult depending on the phone insurance you have.

If the phone works fine after it is dried out i would suggest checking the added apps you have, and maybe consider a factory data reset.

Also are you in an area of good coverage? If the phone is always trying to hook onto a signal, or you have an app that gets stuck trying to sync because of low signal it can drain your battery faster. That fast i don't know for sure.

Good luck w the soggy phone!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Three days since it's surprise dip in the pool, it has not functioned. I already have a replacement coming my way by the end of the day today. I will double check if I have a app creeping in the background when unplugged once I get the replacement up and running. My T-Mobile coverage is good most of the time and excellent in certain areas. I have T-Mobile so I had to pay a deductible of about $175. Thanks!
    01-11-2016 09:25 AM