Samsung wireless fast charger

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Picked one of these up online for my note 5, but it appears to be the non US version. Any harm in using it?

Also, I haven't noticed it charging any faster than my regular wireless charger, but I've read that they don't ALWAYS fast charge (dependent on current battery change, etc.). Any thoughts as to whether it's safe to keep using this model?

Thanks!

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Picked one of these up online for my note 5, but it appears to be the non US version. Any harm in using it?

Also, I haven't noticed it charging any faster than my regular wireless charger, but I've read that they don't ALWAYS fast charge (dependent on current battery change, etc.). Any thoughts as to whether it's safe to keep using this model?

Thanks!

Sounds like a fake they sell on ebay. Yes, It does always charge fast and is much faster than the slow wireless charging. Does it say thats it's fast wireless charging in the pull down notification when you put it on the wireless charger?

Posted via the Android Central App

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It charges, but I haven't seen it say "fast charging". It does appear to be an actual Samsung unit, though. Has their sticker & model # on the back.

It also has the "fast charge" decal. I notice that the writing on the sticker with the SN is in Chinese, though, whereas it's in English on my "slow-charge" one that was store bought.

I've seen "non-us" models for sale, but I'm not sure if that's what I have, or if so, if it's safe to use them on my US device...

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
It charges, but I haven't seen it say "fast charging". It does appear to be an actual Samsung unit, though. Has their sticker & model # on the back.

It also has the "fast charge" decal. I notice that the writing on the sticker with the SN is in Chinese, though, whereas it's in English on my "slow-charge" one that was store bought.

I've seen "non-us" models for sale, but I'm not sure if that's what I have, or if so, if it's safe to use them on my US device...

543.jpg

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay - here are some pics of the charger. Can anyone confirm it's a knockoff? If so, is it unsafe to use? New to the QI charging thing. Thanks!

A5PzT

s6z64Rq

XedbYgQ

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
May have messed up the pictures... Here they are again just in case. Thanks!

Attachments

• 328.jpg
    328.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 62

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I can only see one pic. Can you upload a pic of the back of the charger? Also, did it come in a clear plastic?

If you notice on the picture I uploaded it says fast wireless charging.

What model note 5 do you have ? some don't work with the fast wireless charging

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why only one showed up... Here's the back:

How do I tell what model Note 5 I have? Just picked it up 2 weeks ago.

Edit - device info says SM-N920A, if that helps.

Thanks again!

View attachment 213230
326.jpg

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone own the fast charger that can confirm whether this is a legitimate item (or at least if there are any dangers to using a knockoff)? Thanks again.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay, you have an AT&T note 5. Sorry, but that wireless charger is fake. The real ones are made in Vietnam

You can try and check if this is checked off

Attachments

• 544.jpg
    544.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 82

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! To be fair, I really can't tell where this one is made. Is the label inconsistent with the real ones? Any harm in using this one?

Thanks again.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! To be fair, I really can't tell where this one is made. Is the label inconsistent with the real ones? Any harm in using this one?

Thanks again.

Does the phone get hot when using it?

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Not that I've noticed. I didn't leave it on very long when I noticed the fast charge wasn't working for fear of damage.

I also can't find the setting you screen capped... What menu was it under? I don't seem to have an "accessory" menu that I can locate...

Here's a pic of the booklet that came with it. Obviously not from the states, but wondering if it's official Samsung...

330.jpg

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Really weird... I don't have "accessories" under "system"...

Also, just got about 10% charge in 20 mins from my bootleg "fast" charger... It's warm to the touch but definitely not hot. Thoughts?

Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay