Why won't the apps on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 work over any wifi?

A

AC Question

I am at my absolute wits end. I'm about 99% sure this is a scam by Verizon and am very close to dropping them and getting a new wireless carrier.

My phone will not work over wifi only data. Twitter, Snapchat, IG, all the apps I use constantly will absolutely not work when my wifi is on and fully connected. Any wifi network, at home or at work. As soon as I turn my wifi off and use my mobile data everything works. I'm so sick of this, I've tried everything. I've rebooted my phone in safe mode and removed the apps I thought were messing up my wifi signal, I've tried the DNSet app, I've tried turning off the IPv6 on my router. Nothing works. I just want to be able to use my phone at home with my perfectly capable wifi (ATT Uverse) and stop using my data. Please help or let me know any other info needed to help me solve this.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
It isn't Verizon. .. I use vzw and everything works fine over WiFi.

Now on your network stuff does it show Internet coneection? Is your settings on the phone correct ?

I

letschopcats

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes the wifi looks to be connecting to my phone fine. All bars, just no actual data coming through. Apps won't refresh. Once I turn off my wifi and just use my data everything works fine. Wifi won't work by itself with no mobile data either.

letschopcats

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out!!! Finally!!

I remembered reading something about MAC addresses so I got into my router through my browser and added the MAC address of my phone to my router and everything works now!!! No more data usage!! I'm so excited I finally fixed this!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I remembered reading something about MAC addresses so I got into my router through my browser and added the MAC address of my phone to my router and everything works now!!! No more data usage!! I'm so excited I finally fixed this!

Nice find, and thanks for sharing what you figured out to get WiFi working again. Others may run into this problem, so good to have a solution posted.

MAC filtering was doing its job on your router.

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for being so awesome about posting a solution. I hate reading through issues in the forums that never get a real answer. If someone else ever has this problem, we now have some help for them! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12