10-24-2016 01:47 PM
30 12
    I didn't do anything with my note 5 before i started having problems. I reckon they rolled out some update and the software conflicted with hardware or something. The docking and charging issues stopped after about a week and it would charge normally with a cable, but the biggest problem that i had was when i received a call, the person on the other side couldn't hear me - i'm guessing because the phone was confused about being docked and being attached to a phantom headset. I tried to clear the cache and even do a full reset but nothing helped so i eventually returned it so it's in for repairs. I've bought a S7 in the meantime and am loving it.

Important to mention that my note 5 was a dual sim variant which is apparently made in Vietnam or something like that. I didn't see the marshmallow update until a few weeks ago so perhaps my variant of note 5 was last due to being a minority. Anyways, i'm convinced that it is a software problem but i guess it's too random for samsung to be blamed outright and therefore i doubt they will take responsibility. Just hoping i get my note 5 back it was only 6 months old!
    04-05-2016 09:56 AM
    I had the same issues as everyone is describing a few months ago before the Marshmallow update and it went away until last week when started again. It was so bad I had to power off the phone because it would beep like it was connected to the charger about every 3 seconds. I ended up getting a replacement and I'm pretty sure it was a hardware issues with USB charging port and not software.
    04-05-2016 11:03 AM
    I tried that app to disable everything and it stopped the charging issue but I still had the problem with people not hearing me during calls. Which tells me the phone was still confused into thinking a headset was connected. Still think it's a software issue

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 11:54 AM
    I tried this too, only worked for a couple days then the phone started charging and not charging constantly instead of bringing up the gear VR screen.

Only solution was to get a new phone.
    04-05-2016 12:02 PM
    I have noticed that my Note 5 got affected by the same issue after a forced update that i have reluctantly accepted followed by google and youtube update. After that:
    1. My normal charger and cable could not charge phone fast
    2. A blue ring followed a brief vibration would appear as if you connect phone to micro usb for a charge while you not connecting anything.
    3. Battery life has become very short
    4. Screen would turn black and then blue with Gear VR install prompt when i have not downloaded.

I did manufacture default reset, flashed phone by Samsung Hub at local Best Buy and now it is going to be replaced with Refurb. I am disappointed and think that this is not a phone but Android app bug that triggered that. Any input from Android folks?
    10-24-2016 01:47 PM
30 12