01-23-2016 03:21 PM
32 12
tools
    I pre-ordered mine and it didn't come with a manual - just a quick start guide that made no mention of this issue. I'm pretty sure the manual was updated only after this issue became public. Anyway I don't think a warning would be enough because it's too easy to tweak the design as they did to make this a non-issue. I'm glad they fixed it even though I won't benefit.
    01-22-2016 11:40 PM
    Not all manuals are that specific. There was some vehicle that the front of the manual was written for the diesel version of the vehicle and the back version written for the gas version. If someone just quickly checked the manual (and some young girl did), you would think to put diesel in it. Plus the top of the most gas tanks are wide enough to fit a diesel gas pump in, the lower part fits the gas pump perfectly. My gas tank is like that. Those who are young or have worked on farms with diesel vehicles, may not know any better.

I've never done any of this, but have calls on this at my day job (in vehicle fleet).

About the Note 5 manual regarding the Spen insertion. Mine never said that. Here's a picture I took of the manual. I got it on launch day at t-mobile.
    Boils down to common sense and being just a little bit smarter than whatever it is you are working on. People just need to pay attention and make sure you know how to operate a piece of machinery or technology before touching it. It is your responsibility to learn to use a product, not the manufacturers' to save you from yourself. IMHO
    01-23-2016 06:08 AM
    Boils down to common sense and being just a little bit smarter than whatever it is you are working on. People just need to pay attention and make sure you know how to operate a piece of machinery or technology before touching it. It is your responsibility to learn to use a product, not the manufacturers' to save you from yourself. IMHO
    Thank you for bringing a voice of reason to the thread.
    01-23-2016 01:28 PM
    I disagree. I found your past very rude and demeaning. Nor everyone is as smart as you. I'm not. I would need that on my quick start manual, which it wasn't. Samsung massed up.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    serpent2005 likes this.
    01-23-2016 02:08 PM
    I do not want to watch a video. Can you tell me in words how to tell the revised 5"s" from the 5?
    01-23-2016 02:58 PM
    Sometimes you can't fix stupid not Samsungs fault common sense folks.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    01-23-2016 03:13 PM
    Thanks all.
    01-23-2016 03:21 PM
32 12