So ive been using the note series since the note 1 and always hearing people talk about nova launcher for a while so I've decided to give it a shot. But since ive been using it now (4days) im been trying ti set up thing like im similarly seeing and i noticed that it doesn't support the stock weather widgets which im a really huge fan of due to the clock and weather on the same widget. So for the people using nova or other launchers is there anything that i should download to switch things up and make my experiences better? Im tired of using the stock launcher been using the same set up for almost 5 years.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-20-2016 02:57 PM
    Hi there,

Unfortunately any launcher-specific widgets (and TouchWiz has more than a few, including S-Note widgets on the Note line) will not be usable in 3rd party ones. If you like that Widget, you could find a replacement widget in the Play Store (like Beautiful Widgets or pre-made Zooper widgets) or look into a different launcher like Themer (which radically changes the look of your phone's launcher and it includes the custom-made widgets to match). Note that Themer may be cool in appearance but it lacks in customization options like Nova does (you do get a few options, but not all the ones you find in Nova, but for most it's plenty); it can also be a bit of a memory hog due to the custom widgets.

And if you need to look at other launchers, well AC just recently had a post about those, too!
    The best Android launchers for theming customizations | Android Central
    01-20-2016 03:06 PM
    01-20-2016 03:36 PM
    So i switched to apex but i cant get the music player widget to post to any screen it keeps saying home screen full but its a blank page

01-20-2016 05:49 PM
    Aviate - yahoo - I like the design, but its a little bit slow.
    Nova - simple and Very fast. doesn't give much organization but its very customizable.
    01-20-2016 05:54 PM
    I use Nova Launcher with the SHealth and SNote widgets, no problems. I do use Nova Launcher Prime, although I am not sure that is required. But this setup is working for me.
    01-20-2016 06:04 PM
    I use Nova Prime. Other popular ones are Apex, Action Launcher, Next.....My favorite weather apps are Weather Timeline and Weather Underground. One of the reasons I don't like the stock launcher is that it tends to shrink the font size of many appstore widgets I like.
    01-20-2016 06:12 PM
    I use Nova Launcher with the SHealth and SNote widgets, no problems. I do use Nova Launcher Prime, although I am not sure that is required. But this setup is working for me.
    There was a widget on the Note 4 that placed a 'minimized' version of a specific note. If you were using a different launcher, it would just disappear. On the Note 5 you can't use the stock weather widget either on Nova, just on TouchWiz.
    01-20-2016 06:18 PM
    So i switched to apex but i cant get the music player widget to post to any screen it keeps saying home screen full but its a blank page

Check your homescreen settings. If the grid you selected is smaller than the widget you're trying to create, then it probably would give out that error. Also you can try enabling widget overlap/resizing.
    01-20-2016 06:19 PM
    Check your homescreen settings. If the grid you selected is smaller than the widget you're trying to create, then it probably would give out that error. Also you can try enabling widget overlap/resizing.
    Homescreen set to 5x4 the widget is set to 4x1 and its a blank page so it shuldnt matter even if it was 1x4 it should still post right?

01-20-2016 06:22 PM
    Mmmm... yeah, you're right. That's weird. Are there any other widgets that are giving you issues?
    01-20-2016 07:06 PM
    Mmmm... yeah, you're right. That's weird. Are there any other widgets that are giving you issues?
    Nope thats it. It keeps saying no room on this home screen and its a blank page

01-20-2016 07:21 PM
    If you are looking for a good widgit that has the clock and the weather on it at the same time, check out this in the play store. I have been using it for quite a while and it has several options.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntclockweather
    01-20-2016 10:47 PM
    If you are looking for a good widgit that has the clock and the weather on it at the same time, check out this in the play store. I have been using it for quite a while and it has several options.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntclockweather
    Im currently using this now im just trying to figure out this music widget problem

01-20-2016 11:03 PM
    I cannot find a launcher that permits me to pin S notes to my screen. And I rely on this method to keep track of my day.

If there is such a launcher or if I'm not doing it right I would be most interested.
    01-21-2016 02:18 AM
    Perfect, thank you

Note: Using Nova Launcher
    01-21-2016 08:30 AM
    Im currently using this now im just trying to figure out this music widget problem

I really like the Transparent widget too! I'd be curious to know your experience with battery drain and this app. I had a problem and attributed it to this widget, so I removed the widget and the app. Would love to know that I am wrong about it.
    01-21-2016 10:43 AM
    I cannot find a launcher that permits me to pin S notes to my screen. And I rely on this method to keep track of my day.

If there is such a launcher or if I'm not doing it right I would be most interested.
    Nova Launcher Prime for sure. However, the widget seems to pin all your SNotes. Does support pinning of a Actions Memos, as single separate widgets, rather than all in one widget.
    01-21-2016 10:47 AM

That's one of the TouchWiz-specific widgets I was talking about. You can place the general shortcut widget for S-Note, but you can't pin specific notes to the homescreen unless you use TouchWiz. No 3rd party launcher has access to those.
    01-21-2016 01:10 PM
    Nova Launcher Prime for sure. However, the widget seems to pin all your SNotes. Does support pinning of a Actions Memos, as single separate widgets, rather than all in one widget.
    That's different than 'pinning'. You can minimize Action Memos, which places a floating icon on all screens, and you can add a 'general' S-Note widget system-wide. But specific-note pinning actually creates a widget that's TouchWiz-specific. Unless you're using that as a launcher, you can't pin individual notes.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2016 01:11 PM