Is there a way to turn off Samsung Pay?

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Its so much easier to pull out my card....I just haven't been happy with it. It won't allow me to uninstall and if i pick force stop it eventually comes back. I just don't want it running, or have that little tab on the bottom of my screen.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If you go into the app and turn off simple pay, the tab will not show. If you can uninstall or disable it within app manager, I think you'll need package disabler.

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks....I have at least got it disabled. My card is chipped.....I feel very secure using it. Not so much with the Samsung Pay which works when it wants to. I may try it again after they zap more of the bugs.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry it does not work for you, weird. I use it at least 3 times a day since the beta first started and it has never not worked.

naturalguy#AC

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
The new chip cards are a pain, you have to leave them in the machine for a while. Samsung Pay is far more convenient and secure. I've been using it everywhere

Alan FL

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I like using SP as it is something new to play with.
I also enjoy the added security when using it, that is, when it actually works.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I never leave the house without my phone. I have however forgotten my wallet.

That is what makes mobile payment invaluable to me.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else have their Samsung Pay reset itself? For some reason my CC is removed and I'm asked to reauthorize.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I just removed my card from Samsung Pay and the tab at the bottom disappears. The only card I have that currently works with Samsung Pay is my Bank of America debit card, I know it's pretty secure but if something were to happen I'd rather it happen with a credit card where I can deal with the company instead of it happening to my checking account where I need that money for bills and what not.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I cant use it right now because Discover is not on th elist. Anyway when I go into app manager to disable it the icon is grayed out. I force stop it and then it just comes back. No way to get rid of it. Any thoughts

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Will the Package Disabler app available in the Playstore serve your purpose?

It may. Have you used it and if so have you experienced any ill effects from the Package Disabler app just being on phone like excessive battery drain or anything? How about removing that app once you have everything gone you don't want?

Nashenets

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
If you go into the app and turn off simple pay, the tab will not show. If you can uninstall or disable it within app manager, I think you'll need package disabler.

More details on outsmarting the fox:
The first part is a great suggestion, because the package disablers require rooting of the device, which not everyone is comfortable with. While you can't completely remove the app without rooting & using disabler programs, you can easily get rid of the annoying notifications and the slider at the bottom of the screen by unchecking all boxes in the settings menu for Samsung Pay. The only way to get to the settings for this app is to activate it first and set it as default payment app (temporarily). You don't have to add any cards to it. Once the app loads beyond the initial setup screens, you can finally click to view (and thus remove) the notifications about deals and promotions and then deselect all options in the settings.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about your issues with samsung pay. I use it constantly and it always works great. So much quicker than pulling out my wallet to get my card and it processes alot faster than the chip.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis