11-14-2017 05:17 AM
33 12
tools
    Its so much easier to pull out my card....I just haven't been happy with it. It won't allow me to uninstall and if i pick force stop it eventually comes back. I just don't want it running, or have that little tab on the bottom of my screen.
    01-21-2016 06:51 PM
    If you go into the app and turn off simple pay, the tab will not show. If you can uninstall or disable it within app manager, I think you'll need package disabler.
    01-21-2016 07:24 PM
    You can only disable it. It's much more secure and convenient to me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2016 09:27 PM
    Thanks....I have at least got it disabled. My card is chipped.....I feel very secure using it. Not so much with the Samsung Pay which works when it wants to. I may try it again after they zap more of the bugs.
    01-22-2016 12:34 PM
    Sorry it does not work for you, weird. I use it at least 3 times a day since the beta first started and it has never not worked.
    01-22-2016 04:24 PM
    Its so much easier to pull out my card....
    AMEN!
    01-23-2016 08:21 AM
    The new chip cards are a pain, you have to leave them in the machine for a while. Samsung Pay is far more convenient and secure. I've been using it everywhere
    01-23-2016 10:03 AM
    He's only giving his opinion also.. I agree, Samsung pay much much easier.
    01-23-2016 01:16 PM
    I like using SP as it is something new to play with.
    I also enjoy the added security when using it, that is, when it actually works.
    01-24-2016 09:53 AM
    I never leave the house without my phone. I have however forgotten my wallet.

That is what makes mobile payment invaluable to me.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    zmann likes this.
    01-24-2016 10:07 AM
    Anyone else have their Samsung Pay reset itself? For some reason my CC is removed and I'm asked to reauthorize.
    01-25-2016 09:59 AM
    I just removed my card from Samsung Pay and the tab at the bottom disappears. The only card I have that currently works with Samsung Pay is my Bank of America debit card, I know it's pretty secure but if something were to happen I'd rather it happen with a credit card where I can deal with the company instead of it happening to my checking account where I need that money for bills and what not.
    01-25-2016 03:58 PM
    I cant use it right now because Discover is not on th elist. Anyway when I go into app manager to disable it the icon is grayed out. I force stop it and then it just comes back. No way to get rid of it. Any thoughts
    09-30-2016 09:21 PM
    Will the Package Disabler app available in the Playstore serve your purpose?
    09-30-2016 11:53 PM
    Just disable it, that's what I did.
    10-01-2016 03:01 AM
    Will the Package Disabler app available in the Playstore serve your purpose?
    It may. Have you used it and if so have you experienced any ill effects from the Package Disabler app just being on phone like excessive battery drain or anything? How about removing that app once you have everything gone you don't want?
    10-01-2016 06:55 AM
    Just disable it, that's what I did.

How did you disable it? It doesn't have the disable option in the app manager, and continues to update and launch itself despite my uninstalling to factory.

It is driving me nuts.
    10-04-2016 08:51 PM
    How did you disable it? It doesn't have the disable option in the app manager, and continues to update and launch itself despite my uninstalling to factory.

It is driving me nuts.
    Package Disabler Pro.
    10-05-2016 12:47 AM
    If you go into the app and turn off simple pay, the tab will not show. If you can uninstall or disable it within app manager, I think you'll need package disabler.
    More details on outsmarting the fox:
    The first part is a great suggestion, because the package disablers require rooting of the device, which not everyone is comfortable with. While you can't completely remove the app without rooting & using disabler programs, you can easily get rid of the annoying notifications and the slider at the bottom of the screen by unchecking all boxes in the settings menu for Samsung Pay. The only way to get to the settings for this app is to activate it first and set it as default payment app (temporarily). You don't have to add any cards to it. Once the app loads beyond the initial setup screens, you can finally click to view (and thus remove) the notifications about deals and promotions and then deselect all options in the settings.
    10-31-2016 12:27 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about your issues with samsung pay. I use it constantly and it always works great. So much quicker than pulling out my wallet to get my card and it processes alot faster than the chip.
    10-31-2016 01:02 PM
    Its so much easier to pull out my card....I just haven't been happy with it. It won't allow me to uninstall and if i pick force stop it eventually comes back. I just don't want it running, or have that little tab on the bottom of my screen.
    Absolutely, but theres a trick to make this work, and yes I hate NFC incredibly easy to hack remotely just like chipped cards are using a parabolic dish and an RFID reader.

1. force stop on both Samsung pay, and Samsung pay stub.
    2. revoke permissions for both Samsung pay apps.
    3. Disable auto update in the google play store.
    4. go into the app manager again, then force stop again, click on the more button and unistall updates for both Samsung pay apps.
    5. Disable any notification permissions for both Samsung pay apps.
    6. clear any cache and downloads for each app and your done, no actively running Samsung pay.
    PDX97229 likes this.
    11-08-2016 11:26 AM
    Package disabler pro. No root required on my note 5. Just disabled Samsung pay and it's gone from the home screen and app drawer. No not really gone, just disabled.
    11-09-2016 08:19 PM
    I love Samsung Pay, but believe it or not my biggest obstacle is wanting to keep my phone as germ-free as possible so I hate touching carts and items and touchscreens (during self-checkout anyway) and then touching my phone to use Samsung Pay only to put it back into my pocket.

At that point I'd rather just take my wallet out. Ugh. Damn germophobe bull****.
    11-10-2016 03:50 AM
    I love Samsung Pay, but believe it or not my biggest obstacle is wanting to keep my phone as germ-free as possible so I hate touching carts and items and touchscreens (during self-checkout anyway) and then touching my phone to use Samsung Pay only to put it back into my pocket.

At that point I'd rather just take my wallet out. Ugh. Damn germophobe bull****.
    Then I guess you don't use grocery list app? I love mine. It saves the odd names or long names I don't want to type in and has a bar code scanner.

I use my American Express card for the vending machine at work and at the laundromat if the one I go to has a cc option. My Capital One card doesn't seem to want to work and that's the one I was waiting for. Walmart doesn't accept SP, but for other things it's nice.

This good to know how to turn it off though.
    11-10-2016 04:53 PM
    Just bought the Package Disabler Pro app that was suggested and it seems to be doing the job.

Thanks to everyone that posted in here about how you actually like Samsung Pay. That was very helpful to this particular conversation.... -_-
    12-25-2016 10:54 AM
33 12