I just picked up my Note 5 a few weeks ago after my Note 3 finally died. It has always had a heavy duty <pt> protective case on it. Just yesterday I noticed my rear camera lens cover was cracked. I had just used the camera the day before using the zoom feature. Since I've never dropped the camera and always have it in a belt clip case I'm wondering if the zoom feature of the camera could have bumped the lens cover and cracked it?
    01-22-2016 07:35 AM
    No, the zoom feature would not have caused that. Since the zoom is digital, there are no physical parts moving to zoom. Something else may have cracked the lens, possibly pressure on the back of the device.
    01-22-2016 07:36 AM
    Not true, the lens mount does move when the camera changes focus. In fact, it comes very close to the lens cover when focusing on objects close up. If the lens changes focus very rapidly I could see it impacting the cover especially if it tilts (to adjust for image motion) which the camera lens also does. I've been following several other people with the new Galaxy Note 5's and many of them are wondering how they cracked their camera lens so it's worth looking into?
    01-22-2016 01:14 PM
    I just bought my new glass on ebay for under 5 bucks

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-22-2016 05:26 PM
    I just bought my new glass on ebay for under 5 bucks

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yeah, the lens cover is cheap but installing it is a pain in the ****.
    01-25-2016 03:08 PM