I recently bought my Note 5 and it comes with Office products like Word and Excel preinstalled, yet when I try to use them it says they are not compatible with my device. Why are these even installed if I can't use them? Is there something I need to do to use them? All I want to do is be able to view Word docs, I assumed the Note 5 would be more than capable of handling that..
    01-22-2016 07:50 AM
    I recently bought my Note 5 and it comes with Office products like Word and Excel preinstalled, yet when I try to use them it says they are not compatible with my device. Why are these even installed if I can't use them? Is there something I need to do to use them? All I want to do is be able to view Word docs, I assumed the Note 5 would be more than capable of handling that..
    Hello! I'm not sure why it gives that error. However, users have reported that you need to install it from the Samsung App store for it to be compatible. Not sure why... But it could be a licensing deal between the two companies.

On a side note, you can use Google Docs to read and edit word documents. But sometimes formatting is messed up during the conversion.
    01-22-2016 08:37 AM
    Not sure why you are getting that error. The Note 5 is certainly capable of running the MS Office apps. I use Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint on a daily basis, all downloaded from the Play store. I'm using a credential for my Office 365 subscription and have not had any issues.
    01-22-2016 09:05 AM
    Have you tried using different office apps?
    I don't know which model of the Note 5 you have, but my Verizon model didn't come with any.

I use office suite because it works with multi window.
    01-22-2016 11:45 AM
    Hello! I'm not sure why it gives that error. However, users have reported that you need to install it from the Samsung App store for it to be compatible. Not sure why... But it could be a licensing deal between the two companies.

On a side note, you can use Google Docs to read and edit word documents. But sometimes formatting is messed up during the conversion.
    Thanks, I checked and it turned out I had disabled the Galaxy Apps app, once I enabled it I was able to update Word through the galaxy app store and it works perfectly now. Much appreciated
    01-22-2016 07:23 PM