S Pen Hover Not allowing finger inputs when over screen

MrPixelous

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm at my wits end with this "feature" I figured I'd ask here. I'll try to explain the best I can.

When I'm within the "hover range" of my phone for my S Pen(where the circle will show up on screen), I cannot make any inputs with and other method other than the pen. That is to say that I cannot tap my finger on the screen if the pen is in my other hand even if it's a good half an inch off the screen. I have found this "feature" to be so incredibly annoying when I'm trying to make rapid inputs with the pen and my off hand as well. I've spent a lot of time desperately trying to find a way to get right of it entirely with no luck.

Does anyone know how (if it's even oissible) to get rid of this crap, so that my "pen" only works as a pen, not a magical floating screen input lockout as well?

Thanks in advance for either good nows or bad.

ielement v2

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Its called palm rejection and i havent seen an option to turn it off.
I sometimes draw something, so i really like this feature that only the s-pen imput gets detected.

Are you really in such a hurry that you have to use the pen + your finger? :)

I'm pettty quick with the s-pen, typing almost faster than with my thumb

MrPixelous

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
For gaming and such is where I'm finding issue with it. I like to play Vainglory. Sometimes I'll be making 2-4 tap inputs in a second, and I like to use a stylus when I have to play on my phone because the screens small.

I might just have to buy a separate stylus.

But palm rejection, OK I might be able to dig something up now that I know the correct term. So that's at least some much needed info. Thank you.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I Thought I remembered an option to Turn this off I'm going to look For it now. you got me curios .

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12