Soooo, I got a Trial Note 5 to play with, as I have had a Note 3, 4 in the past and other phones like the iPhone. But I also have a LG V10 I am trying too right now. For the life of me, I wanted to like the V10, but I am having a HARD time adjusting to the buttons on the back. It also has a bit of LAG to it where the Note 5 never shows it any more. My Note 4 definitely had lag.

Anyone else use a V10 to try and go back to the Note? I like the replaceable battery and SD Card 200gb.
    Gray Area likes this.
    01-23-2016 04:00 PM
    I had the Note 5 for a few months then traded it in for the V10. I wanted something different. I loved the build of the V10 and it felt great in my hand. I really do not like the glass build of the Note 5: I'm afraid I'm going to crack or chip it and I hate all the fingerprint smudges. But with the V10 I couldn't get into the buttons on the back and the rear finger sensor. When I took it out of my pocket I always had to reorient it so I could turn it on. I also didn't like the light bleed from the second screen. Although it wasn't much, it was annoying when I was watching movies. It performed wonderfully, but nevertheless I ended up going back to the Note 5.

The Note 5 is the only large phone that actually takes advantage off all the screen real estate. And while I'm not a regular user of the S Pen, I love having it when I need it. The RAM management is still a problem and it drives me crazy, as do all the fingerprints, but in the end it's still the phone for me. I continue to drool when I see the V10, but for the time being I'm sticking with the the Note.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-23-2016 05:06 PM
    I had the Note 5 for a few months then traded it in for the V10. I wanted something different. I loved the build of the V10 and it felt great in my hand. I really do not like the glass build of the Note 5: I'm afraid I'm going to crack or chip it and I hate all the fingerprint smudges. But with the V10 I couldn't get into the buttons on the back and the rear finger sensor. When I took it out of my pocket I always had to reorient it so I could turn it on. I also didn't like the light bleed from the second screen. Although it wasn't much, it was annoying when I was watching movies. It performed wonderfully, but nevertheless I ended up going back to the Note 5.

The Note 5 is the only large phone that actually takes advantage off all the screen real estate. And while I'm not a regular user of the S Pen, I love having it when I need it. The RAM management is still a problem and it drives me crazy, as do all the fingerprints, but in the end it's still the phone for me. I continue to drool when I see the V10, but for the time being I'm sticking with the the Note.

Posted via the Android Central App
    You sound just like me. Basically all the same issues. I have decided to sell the LG and order a Note 5 once the LG sells. I came across an awesome deal on a Gear S2 watch for $150 bucks locally. Way cheaper than I have seen them sell on Swappa.

I haven't noticed the RAM issues yet, but I haven't used it heavy either since it's a trial phone. I would get a very thin case so it helps hold the phone better and may protect the glass from breaking....that is what I will do.
    01-24-2016 01:54 PM