Using non Samsung apps...

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
How does the Note behave when using 3rd party apps? I currently have a G3 but use Google's text app and Google calendar. Let's say I use smart select (?) and want to text what I've cropped. Will it let me use the messaging app I have set as default or will it only work with the Samsung pre loaded apps?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can use just about any Android app with just about any Android phone. I've had a Note 3 for a few years, and I haven't found an app that works on other phones that doesn't work on the note. (Some apps are just so badly written that they don't really work - on any phone. And some are so bad they're not worth wasting space on. But I run Linux-type apps (a terminal, a full keyboard), record-keeping apps, all the Google apps, photo editing apps - I just don't use many that aren't free. Not because they won't work, but because the free versions give me all I need - and I can recommend them here. (I won't advertise an app - if it's not free, I'll only mention it if it's the only way to do the job, like recovering some deleted files.)

But I wouldn't worry - if it runs on a G3, chances are it'll run on a Note 3, 4 or 5, unless it's an LG-specific app.