For Note 5 users, do you guys keep the auto brightness on/off?

A

AC Question

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys keep the auto brightness on/off on your Note 5?
Also, I wanted to know if you guys enable the power saving mode? Thanks!

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
when I had the Gold International, the auto bright was bright...when I got the AT&T, I noticed the auto bright was not as bright (holding them side x side). Sometimes I take it off auto and sear my retinas but most of the time it stays on Auto, for convenience and battery (although I can pretty much get through a whole day with about 19% left over)

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I keep it on, although I've noticed it's sometimes reluctant to decrease the screen brightness. At night I have to turn brightness down manually to get it to a comfortable level.

This is actually something I miss from the LG G2... Auto-brightness could be combined with the brightness slider, to effectively set a "range" of auto-brightness levels.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I keep Brightness on Auto. Seems to work well for me.

Only use Power Saving mode when battery gets to around 30% and I know I'll be away from a charger for awhile. So far had to use Power Saving mode once. Normal workday phone is off charger around 0530, and back on charger at 2200. Get home from work with around 60% or more battery remaining.

Power Saving mode is a good feature, and glad its there if needed.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Huge fan of Auto brightness, and not for the power saving.

When it's dark I hate getting blinded by my bright screen, and in the sun light auto brightness makes the display brighter than you can manually set it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I noticed my power saving mode wasn't on after seeing this thread so i turned it on last night.....What a difference it made in battery usage today. Nice. I turned off auto Brightness as well.

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I generally keep it on at all time unless i'm using it in total darkness then I manually adjust the brightness to the lowest level.
I keep it on because of the extra brightness in direct sunlight and because I shouldn't have to micromanage screen brightness for a $700 device.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I generally keep it on at all time unless i'm using it in total darkness then I manually adjust the brightness to the lowest level.
I keep it on because of the extra brightness in direct sunlight and because I shouldn't have to micromanage screen brightness for a $700 device.

Good point. As long as the Auto Brightness is working properly, then let it do its job instead of manually having to adjust brightness in varying lighting conditions throughout the day.

ssundaybay

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Auto brightness doesn't suit me. It doesn't make much trouble to adjust it the way it's comfortable - darker at night and brighter in daylight. When I look at my phone at night I usually put it to the minimum, cause if it's too bright it hurts my eyes. I use auto brightness only if I'm travelling and won't have a chance to charge the battery - auto brightness helps to save energy but isn't always comfortable.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I manually adjust my brightness, that way I can keep it at a low brightness in the house and then when I go outside I turn it about to 65%. I never use power saving mode unless I'm in a place where I cant charge my phone and I'm going to be running low on battery soon.