Should I upgrade from the s5?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
depends,

do you need storage expansion?
do you need removable battery?
do you have problem with large screen?
do you have apps that won't run well on your s5?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely worth it. I've had an s5, an s6 edge and the note 5. The note 5 clearly outperforms the s5 in every category that you can think of except for, no IR blaster, you can't remove the battery or add storage.

tmccormick87

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the S5 and loved it, it was a good upgrade over my previous two phones, both HTCs, and put me in the Samsung family. I now have the Note 5 and absolutely love it more!! I wanted a "phablet" over the upgrade to the 6 series. I'm hooked on having the S pen, and didn't think the 6 series did? I also feel like if I'm ever in a financial position to NOT do any upgrade, the Note 5 will keep me happy for a long time. I went in for a black one, but all they had was gold, and I thought yuck, but I'm surprised at how much I love the gold, even in it's black case.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
S5 is a turd compared to the Note 5, but also maybe worth waiting to see what the next few months have in store if you're set on Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
depends,

do you need storage expansion?
do you need removable battery?
do you have problem with large screen?
do you have apps that won't run well on your s5?

Totally agree! I moved from the S4 to the Note 5, only reluctantly. The S4 was getting really choppy and I couldn't update any further than Lollipop. I moved to Note 5 when given $500 credit by VZ for dropping UDP. That moved me!

With that said, if your phone is running well and you can update to Marshmallow which I believe the S5 can, I'd wait till the S5 is running choppy or couldn't do what it's supposed to do and buy the best phone on the market at that time.

YMMV. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, buy whatever you want. The Note 5 is great. I'm sure the S7 will be MUCH BETTER than the S6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan