Alright, so I dropped my phone last week and the screen went black with a purple bar on the left side and made a periodic chirping sound. I couldnt get it turned back on and needed a phone so went back to my note 3 until I could get it figured out. Figured maybe it is a bad screen or board because now when I hit the power button, the phone vibrates like its turning on, but nothing is displayed. The blue notification LED stays lit and every 10 seconds it tries to do the boot up jingle but it never finishes the jingle and nothing is displayed. A replacement should be here tomorrow, Im just trying to get all of my pictures off of this phone first. Really wish Samsung would have stuck with the Micro SD card so I can just pop it out and forget about this whole thing
    01-28-2016 05:00 AM
    Sorry to hear about the Note 5. For photos, if you are using Google Photos or a similar photo backup to cloud option, then that may be a way to get the photos onto the new Note 5.
    01-28-2016 06:43 AM
    I checked my Google photos and they haven't uploaded since end of July, which is when I got my replacement note 3 then I got my note 5 in December, guess I never set it up

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-28-2016 06:46 AM
    Maybe there is a Samsung or authorized repair center that can help access the SD card and pull the photos off of your damaged Note 5. If the damaged Note 5 were a computer, I'd try to put the hard drive in an external USB drive, connect that drive to another computer, and copy the files off. I understand this is what could be possible if an SD card were present, but suggesting as an alternative.
    01-28-2016 06:55 AM
    Maybe there is a Samsung or authorized repair center that can help access the SD card and pull the photos off of your damaged Note 5. If the damaged Note 5 were a computer, I'd try to put the hard drive in an external USB drive, connect that drive to another computer, and copy the files off. I understand this is what could be possible if an SD card were present, but suggesting as an alternative.
    That's what I'm thinking, they could remove the hard drive and pull my pics off of it

01-28-2016 09:09 AM
    Alright, so I dropped my phone last week and the screen went black with a purple bar on the left side and made a periodic chirping sound. I couldnt get it turned back on and needed a phone so went back to my note 3 until I could get it figured out. Figured maybe it is a bad screen or board because now when I hit the power button, the phone vibrates like its turning on, but nothing is displayed. The blue notification LED stays lit and every 10 seconds it tries to do the boot up jingle but it never finishes the jingle and nothing is displayed. A replacement should be here tomorrow, Im just trying to get all of my pictures off of this phone first. Really wish Samsung would have stuck with the Micro SD card so I can just pop it out and forget about this whole thing
    I did the same thing to my other note 5. Dropped it and it has a little Crack in the screen that you can barely see. The phone just reboots itself and has a blue led like your phone. I have pictures I need off it as well. So, I'm going to try and order a new screen see if that fixs it.

01-28-2016 10:09 AM