Music transfers

dVerd1n

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a quick question. Does anyone know how to transfer the music that I downloaded from the Play Store to my Note 5?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Open the Google Play Music app, locate the songs you bought, tap the overflow menu (3-dots) and select to download. I believe you'll still need to use the Google app to listen to the music as it won't save as a file you can easily identify.

The alternative is to use a computer to download the songs (I believe there is a limit on how many times you can do this) and then copy them to storage on the phone.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Unless you can find another app that will connect to the service or you use the computer method, you're kind of stuck using Google's app to access media purchased from Google.

dVerd1n

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. Does the Google Play Music app use data? If not, I can deal with that until I get to my laptop.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. Does the Google Play Music app use data? If not, I can deal with that until I get to my laptop.

It'll use data if the songs you're listening to are not cached on your device. There is a way to tell it to only play songs that are stored locally - tap the "hamburger menu" and move the slider for "downloaded only" to show only songs that you've downloaded to the device.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I asked this question a few months ago. A member told me to Google play from chrome on your phone. Set the site to desktop version. Go to your song and you will be able to download the songs in mp3 to your phone. Then you won't have to use Google play music. I'll see if I can find the thread and post the link in case I'm explaining it wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87