Note 5 Android Auto Won't Connect

sgray74

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500. I am trying to connect my Note 5 up to it via Android Auto. I plug it into one of the USB ports, fire up Android Auto....And nothing....App starts and just see the welcome screen that says connect to your vehicle. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else having problems connecting? I have bluetooth on and is connected to the truck and the usb cord plugged in. I am talking about the Note 5 only please as I am looking for a specific answer about my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bpryde

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I dont have note 5 however i would try the option in Android Auto Settings menu "Forget All Cars" and make sure "Connect to new Cars" is turned on.

Then try again. This time you should get a whole lot of "Agree,Agree, Agree....". This is a first time setup and wont be needed again.

Hope that solves your issue.

sgray74

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.....But it seems after more research the Android Auto is not being rolled out until March of this year. Once I get the update from the dealer, it should work. I will post back after to confirm that it does....Thanks a lot.

Kwick6

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
It took me two months to finally get AA working in my car. Turns out AA is very picky about what USB cable you use. I tried four cables before I found one that AA thought was good enough. But don't get too excited - AA is buggy as hell! The concept is solid but the execution is not good at all.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a 2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan. Initially, I was having some issues connecting my Note 5 with Android Auto. Then I went into the developer options and enabled USB debugging. Before I plug my phone in, I make sure location and Bluetooth are on. Since I have done this, I haven't had any issues. It boots up quickly with no glitches thus far.

NWDA2009

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I ended up having this issue once the Marshmallow 6.0.1 update came out, as mentioned above its all in the developer options, to get to the Developer Options (Which Is Not In Your Settings By Default) Go to Settings - About Phone - scroll down to Build number and tap that 7 times, that enables Developer Options to show in your settings, Now go into the developer options and and enable USB debugging as mentioned as well as USB Config, click on USB Config and be sure that MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is selected. This will enable the connection w/ data transfer. For some reason it keep reverting back to Charging only, but it a quick fix. Cheers

Regular0ldguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just installed a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX with the USB to Mini-HDMI cables supplied, and a new HDMI cable. None of them will recognize my Note 5 phone with the Marshmallow upgrade. My research indicates that the Note 4 works fine with some special 11 pin proprietary Samsung Mini-HDMI cable. The installers damn near ruined the car getting the head unit installed, so I really hate the thought of removing it again. NWDA2009 gives me some hope, but it sounds a little scary. So do I need some special cable or not. I bought the Pioneer CD-AH200 (bunch of cables) after some research and found out it doesn't work, and that I didn't' do enough research.

Regular0ldguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
NWDA2009 I LOVE YOU MAN! Your instructions worked perfectly. Thanks a million.

All that BS about special wires you have to buy and such is baloney.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
You are all lucky. I bought a new Honda CRV last September 2015. I was led to believe that all the Bluetooth and tech stuff was available. Yeah I can use Bluetooth but no android auto. It's iPhone friendly not android friendly. I was not happy since I found out after the car was purchased. They're not going to be updating it either :(

geesix

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I too just bought Sierra 1500 All Terrain and have tried every post, every setting and nothing works with my Note 5 from AT&T. To be clear I have tried, 6 different cords including Samsung brand, developer option in phone, MTP setting on, tried all 4 USB ports in the vehicle, restarted, reinstalled Android Auto, Message Mirroring on, and nothing works. The app on the car is "projection" which says "no usb device connected". Android Auto app says no cars found, no cars rejected. The phone repeatedly asks "very quickly before disappearing"....allow MTP connection? Even though it disappears, I can always seem to click ALLOW, but nothing happens. Bluetooth connects fine. $50+k truck and the most infuriating app on the planet. Any more ideas.....taking it back to GMC next week if no solution. 2 days into this mess already.

Sarahbear100

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I ended up having this issue once the Marshmallow 6.0.1 update came out, as mentioned above its all in the developer options, to get to the Developer Options (Which Is Not In Your Settings By Default) Go to Settings - About Phone - scroll down to Build number and tap that 7 times, that enables Developer Options to show in your settings, Now go into the developer options and and enable USB debugging as mentioned as well as USB Config, click on USB Config and be sure that MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is selected. This will enable the connection w/ data transfer. For some reason it keep reverting back to Charging only, but it a quick fix. Cheers

That may solve my problems as to why my computer isn't recognizing my phone. Any advice in getting my Bluetooth to stop disconnecting my galaxy note 5. I just got a 2015 honda pilot and the car keeps dropping the Bluetooth.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
When y'all figure it out, let me know. 2016 Silverado with the exact problems. Android Auto didn't work for me either. I haven't experimented too much with it just yet, but I plan to. The phone won't see the truck, won't respond, nothing. Bluetooth connection works great. I love playing the music I like from my phone. Only problem with the Bluetooth is if I'm streaming music from my phone and a text comes in, the music stops, but no text sound. Neither the text from the phone or even the genetic text sound from the truck. If the radio is on, then sounds come through ok. Phone calls come through perfectly. I thought AA would fix it, but that won't even connect.

kkmike

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site

Thank you NWDA2009!
My Note 5 was working perfectly for 3 weeks with my new 2016 Suburban. Then this morning I got the "plug in compatible USB device" message on the vehicle's LCD screen.

I knew something was different as soon as I plugged the phone into the USB port. It asked me to allow MTP connection, which it never did before. Even though I answered yes to allowing MTP connection, the phone remained in charging mode.
In the past Android Auto just took over, turning on bluetooth and opening the app on the phone as soon as I plugged it into the USB port.

Turning on the developer options and enabling USB debugging did the trick. After doing so and plugging into the USB port again, the phone did not ask me about allowing MTP and it fired up Android Auto like it used to.

20161018_102537.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress