Dent(s) after being dropped

S

Sammy

I just realised today that there is an dent on my note 5 exactly next to the s-pen; making the surrounding of the spen flat. I have a nakedtough case on and accidentally dropped it from bed height; in between the night stand and bed. It didn't drop that hard and thought that it would survive... I was wrong...
Im really bummed because i love my devices and seeing a single nick on it makes me cry.

I was wondering if it ever happened to you?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: anyone have dents on note 5?

Not yet but Im really scared now... how easily does the note 5 dent?? ??????

Posted via the Android Central App

If dropped at the right height and angle there certainly can be damage or a broken screen. Try and be careful, or consider a beefier case such as an Otterbox.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the speck candyshell grip for my note 5, but when i go to work i use the otterbox defender. I feel a lot better having the defender on the phone while i am at work.

I tried the otterbox commuter case, but the hard plastic is so slippery on the sides where i grip the phone i just couldnt use it. The defender has good grip, and while being bigger, its still feels smaller than my note4 and note3 did in an otterbox.

Cases are like most everything else, you get what you pay for.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
yep, happens all the time. who cares ? its a phone. im gonna replace it once the N6 comes out. if thats the worst thing to happen to you, youre doing ok...

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Spigen neo hybrids are awesome cases for drops. They are thin and very protective. I dropped mine out of my truck straight to the concrete from about 4 feet and not a scratch on my phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Right now I am using tech21. A good balance of protection and size. Otterbox defender would provide more protection but is much more bulky. Pick what is right for you. But keep on mind that an otterbox defender isn't going to GUARANTEE no damage... You can still get a cracked screen .

Bowlegz

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: anyone have dents on note 5?

If dropped at the right height and angle there certainly can be damage or a broken screen. Try and be careful, or consider a beefier case such as an Otterbox.

I have the Defender from Otterbox, and got the exact same dent as you did. The Defender is beefy, but has a design flaw in my opinion. The area where the SPen goes in is too much exposed, so the right drop on that side will cause damage just like I got. The Symmetry or Commuter look like they offer better coverage less the built in screen protector in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois