Help. Sim Network unlock?????????

ranasidhu91

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I bought my Note 5 from Malaysia in October and without using a Malaysian sim, I took my phone to India. When I inserted the Indian sim, it showed "Network sim unlock." It was requesting for some code. So I brought it back to Malaysia with me and put in a Malaysian sim and the phone worked fine. I made a couple of calls. Each one lasting about 10-15 minutes long. Thing is, if I take the phone to India now, would there be any issues? Please help. I didn't know there was such a thing that Samsung came up with.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the phone is factory-unlocked, then yeah, it should work. They require the first-time unlock SIM thing to ensure that the phone was sold/purchased in the region it was intended for, but since it is an unlocked device, once that initial unblock is cleared, you should be able to use any SIM on any supported network regardless of the region.

Now, if the phone is carrier-branded, you need to make sure that you have an unlocked phone or it will be blocked again when you go to India and use another SIM card from a different company (actually if this is the case, using a SIM card from another company even in Malaysia should show the block).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma