I have received the beta for marshmallow (AT&T)

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: I have received the beta for marshmallow

Yeah, but they just started rolling the beta out, so there may be less of a turn around now.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

I just need to know if the WiFi bug is fixed. Leaving WiFi on at night causes the battery to drain if it's off the charger

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

Yeah, but they just started rolling the beta out, so there may be less of a turn around now.

I am currently chatting with someone at Samsung and they are telling me that there is no US beta for android 6.0

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

They told me the same thing when I thought the email was bogus.

I told the guy that he is blatantly lying to me. The customer service with samsung has been less than stellar and is making me question my switch from the iPhone. At least apple made beta testing and software updates very simple and easy. With android it seems like its rocket science.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

They probably dont know about it. That's a customer rep on the retail side. A beta like this will be a different side and not be communicating with the retail side on it

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I told the guy that he is blatantly lying to me. The customer service with samsung has been less than stellar and is making me question my switch from the iPhone. At least apple made beta testing and software updates very simple and easy. With android it seems like its rocket science.

Just as likely the customer service person doesn't have a clue. I don't call someone a liar unless I'm 100% sure. There's a difference between ignorance and mendacity.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

Just as likely the customer service person doesn't have a clue. I don't call someone a liar unless I'm 100% sure. There's a difference between ignorance and mendacity.

Ok let me re-explain. The guy said he has checked every resource and when I asked to be transferred to someone in a department that can help me he said that he has already checked with every department and that there is nothing that can be done or no one that can be talked to about this. To which I said had to be a lie cause there is a beta program I have read about it and know it exists there has to be someone that I can talk to about it. He then kept saying he has checked all the resources there is no one to talk to about it. I work in customer service and have seen many customers told the same thing about a problem they are having and then they talk to another manager and lo and behold something can be done they just had to talk to someone who knew about it and can help them with it. But being told there is nothing that can be done rather than getting the person to the department that can handle it is poor customer service and in my opinion lying to a customer.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Ok let me re-explain. The guy said he has checked every resource and when I asked to be transferred to someone in a department that can help me he said that he has already checked with every department and that there is nothing that can be done or no one that can be talked to about this. To which I said had to be a lie cause there is a beta program I have read about it and know it exists there has to be someone that I can talk to about it. He then kept saying he has checked all the resources there is no one to talk to about it. I work in customer service and have seen many customers told the same thing about a problem they are having and then they talk to another manager and lo and behold something can be done they just had to talk to someone who knew about it and can help them with it. But being told there is nothing that can be done rather than getting the person to the department that can handle it is poor customer service and in my opinion lying to a customer.

Yup looks like he wasn't telling the truth.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

I have signed up for the beta program in the link provided earlier and will wait and see if that works at all, but figured I would talk to samsung directly to see if there was a way to get signed up directly through them, like it seems the OP did.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

He could have just not been informed / had the information at hand. Sometimes information doesn't trickle down to the reps as fast as it should which is more of a management problem.

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I received a email because I have signed up before

They are done with the beta sign up only 200 where choosen

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user