Recommendations for mirroring my Galaxy Note 5 on my TV?

SearsTaylor

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920V), is it true that there is no way to connect my phone to my TV by wire?
If that is the case, I'm really disappointed that Samsung would degrade the Note's abilities in an "upgrade".
So what is the best way to mirror my phone to my TV? I have a Amazona Fire TV Stick, but apparently that is not compatible with my phone either.

Thanks for your help...

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Samsung All Cast dongle and screen mirror whatever I want to my TV. No wifi needed, I have unlimited data on my phone but not on my wifi, so I stream everything via my Note 5 in HD. The dongle connects to the HDMI on the TV and the Note 5 sits on my nightstand.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Is the amazon fire stick really not compatible with the note 5? That would be good info to have, but really seems it should be. I thought I read in another thread several people recommending the fire stick and it was a note 5 thread.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm mirroring my Note 5 as I type this with my Amazon Firestick so I know it works. However, if I try a video from YouTube the audio is garbled and basically worthless. I haven't tried to figure the problem yet. Pictures & videos from the gallery look great.

Posted via the Android Central App

AvidForm

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Chromecast is the way to go. You'll also need to download the Chromecast app from the Play store as it will allow you to cast the native screen rather than just specific apps that have casting enabled.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Get a Blu-ray player that has miracast ability. I got one for $35.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

Which one did you get? I've looked but couldn't see one (looked a little).

Chromecast only works in you have Internet wifi access to use it. If you don't, it won't mirror the Note 5.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Last edited:

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Which one did you get? I've looked but couldn't see one (looked a little).
Chromecast only works in you have Internet wifi access to use it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Sony brand Walmart special. It has built in wireless.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The Sony BDP S5500 worked with my Note 5.
Yeah took the pic at Target.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Attachments

• 3776.jpg
    3776.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 89

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Is the amazon fire stick really not compatible with the note 5? That would be good info to have, but really seems it should be. I thought I read in another thread several people recommending the fire stick and it was a note 5 thread.
I use the fire stick to stream, netflix, vudu, and hulu to my tv on my truck all the time.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm mirroring my Note 5 as I type this with my Amazon Firestick so I know it works. However, if I try a video from YouTube the audio is garbled and basically worthless. I haven't tried to figure the problem yet. Pictures & videos from the gallery look great.

Thats a memory issue. Try closing everything and the reboot your phone before mirroring. I found it I dont, netflix garbles in slowmo every now and then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol