Recommendations for mirroring my Galaxy Note 5 on my TV?

MamaLaura610

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I have the Note 5 and the dongle but I can't seem to get them to connect... can you tell me where you connect? WiFi Direct recognizes the dongle but can't seem to connect.. Help please!

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Pull down the quick settings menu, and touch the Smart View icon. That'll do it.

Every time I do that my note 5 doesn't recognize the Fire Stick. I turn on the Mirror Link option within the Fire Stick settings, but it still isn't able to find it. I'm on the same wifi network and was hoping someone would have a remedy. I've also updated the Fire Stick firmware. Any thoughts?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Every time I do that my note 5 doesn't recognize the Fire Stick. I turn on the Mirror Link option within the Fire Stick settings, but it still isn't able to find it. I'm on the same wifi network and was hoping someone would have a remedy. I've also updated the Fire Stick firmware. Any thoughts?
Do not use the firestick. You should use Chromecast. You can download the app and mirror your whole phone and even laptop.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Do not use the firestick. You should use Chromecast. You can download the app and mirror your whole phone and even laptop.

One of the main reasons the Firestick is popular is because you only need an internet connection the first time you pair the phone and the firestick, after that you can mirror without being on wifi. With the Chromecast I believe both the chromecast and phone have to be on the same wifi network the entire time you are mirroring. I have seen others mention the Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub which supposedly does not need wifi either.

To the OP, how I got mine to work is first on the Amazon firestick scroll down to settings, select display & sounds then scroll down to enable display mirroring. Then on the phone go into settings and select Smart View, mine connects flawlessly, if this is how you are trying to connect then I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i have a samsung smart tv, already has the opion to mirror in the input options. what i dont like is that the New tab s2 doesnt have that option.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Can I use the mhl feature on the Note 7? Somehow I doubt it. I've read all the TV casting threads re the Note 5 and have become profoundly disgusted at Samsung's removal of this elementary feature. Absent the S pen I would be boycotting Korean phones. Ciao.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois