Samsung Galaxy Gear VR app has made my Note 5 unuseable... Help!

Milner781

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my Galaxy Note 5 since August and everything was working well until this week. Suddenly, the Galaxy Gear VR setup wizard keeps opening and freezing my phone. Typically, i'm unable to close the app without doing a soft reset. Things I've done to try and fix this:

- i have uninstalled Galaxy Gear, but the VR setup wizard continues to open
- i have factory reset my phone, but within a few minutes the VR setup wizard was back

My phone also seems to think it's charging when it's not.

Please Help!!! I'm ready to throw this phone out the window. :'(

WildBill23

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been having this same exact problem for the past week! I remember updating a few Samsung apps recently...I wonder if that has anything to do with this new problem. It's driving me crazy though! Between the constant charging/not charging and the Gear VR app starting it's ruined using the phone. Do you also get a power sharing notification opening occasionally? This has also started happening to me recently as well.

Philip Byrd

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It's been a few months since the last post here, did you guys figure out a fix because the exact same things are happening to me.
As far as the previous advice goes, I've force stopped the 3 VR apps but I don't have the option to disable them. And force stopping them doesn't even temporarily fix the issues.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
This is exactly what happened to my wife's note 5 a couple of months ago. I contacted samsung repairs. A ticket was created, a shipping label was emailed, phone sent off and back in 9 days fixed. We tried everything, factory reset, cleaning charging port, disabling vr apps, problem wouldn't go away.
It is your charging port more than likely. They replaced hers, plus the screen, i imagine it gets ruined in the repair process.
Assuming you got this on last year's release i would contact the service center immediately before the year warranty is up which is like in a week from last year.