02-22-2016 11:36 PM
121 1234 ...
tools
    I hope so because I just got one today ...

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-08-2016 11:57 PM
    I think it will be good if u will wait for Note 6 )
    02-09-2016 03:25 AM
    Go for it. I got my Note 5 last fall, and it's a great phone. Normally, I look to upgrade every six months, but with this phone, I don't feel the urge. And nothing I've seen on the horizon makes me feel any different.

Not Quite Right likes this.
    02-09-2016 04:11 AM
    I will be honest with you.
    The Note 5 will be a good buy even 2 years from now, the same as the the Note 3 and 4 are good buys even now. The price reduction of those 2 mentioned phones and the high quality of every component make them great buys.
    So 5-6 months in, the Note 5 more than still holds up.
    Cheers.
    jnew619 likes this.
    02-09-2016 08:05 AM
    If storage is a concern, wait for the 2016 phones. Most flagships will have expandable storage. The Note 5 is just too tiny for anyone that likes a lot of media and apps. Unless you get a 128GB Korean variant.
    02-09-2016 08:16 AM
    The Note 5 is still a great buy.
    02-09-2016 11:14 AM
    Go for it if you can. It's a great phone and one that will last for a long time.

As for me, however, the rumored larger batteries on the S7 makes me wanna wait for the Note 6 as it might have an even bigger battery.
    02-09-2016 12:38 PM
    I was a note 4 user too and wasnt planning to upgrade till another year or so. I started using note 4 on the day if its release. But unfortunately it met with an accident and it died coz of water injuries. So i upgraded to note 5 and its an absolute beast. But personally soeaking if u have a note 4 u myt as well wait for s7 or note 6. Because note 5 and note 4 there isnt much diff software was tht ull feel straight away. The front camera is much better on note 5. But other than that apart from the feel of the glass body there isnt much in them. Note 4 is still one the top range devices.
    But is note 5 still a gud buy? Oh absolutely yes. Note 5 is probably the top of the range fone present in the market at this time cz its a slight better version of note 4. Minus the sd card n removable battery options offcourse.

02-09-2016 01:29 PM
    I've heard nothing but good things about the Note 4 and 5... I would get the 5 if you really want it!
    02-09-2016 02:41 PM
    OK.... I'll add this.... this is a game played with EVERYTHING... from phones, to computers, to cars. If you wait, there will ALWAYS be a replacement looming on the horizon, one that is better, faster, etc... you name it. It would be different if the Note 6 was right around the corner, but its not. It is a good 5 or 6 months away. And even then, once the Note 6 is released, the Note 5 should have a pretty big drop in price, adding a whole new element to the equation.

I would say this... if you want a new phone, and want it now, and want a Note... get the Note 5. If you have no issues waiting until October (more or less), wait for the Note 6.
    TenshiNo, jnew619 and Golfdriver97 like this.
    02-09-2016 04:04 PM
    Wasn't originally planning to upgrade to the Note 5, even though I was still on my Note 3. It was working great, and I didn't really feel the need. Then, as another user commented, Sprint offered a bunch of "freebies" so I went ahead and upgraded.

I never had a problem with my Note 3's performance, but I can tell you that playing on it now (I upgrade right before Christmas) it does feel sluggish. The Note 5 is a beast, the screen is amazing, and I am in love with wireless charging.

I agree with LeoRex: if you're looking to upgrade now, and you want a Note, get the Note 5. If you're happy with your Note 4, then you don't necessarily *need* to upgrade. But don't play the "the next one will be even better" game, or you will *always* either be waiting, or be unhappy with your purchase. Especially with so many of the carriers offering the financing with quick upgrade cycles these days.

One thing of note (no pun intended): if you actually use the IR blaster on your Note 4, remember that they removed it from the Note 5. I actually keep my Note 3 around just as a "Smart Remote".
    jnew619 likes this.
    02-09-2016 05:43 PM
    I have the Note 5 as my backup phone. The storage is far too weak to me, and I just find myself keeping it in my bag in favor of my V10, which I like much, much better. I would wait for the 6, but you'll still have not so appealing Touchwiz which is another negative.
    02-09-2016 06:22 PM
    The Note 5 is still a great buy.
    It's too bad Samsung fails to discount full price note 5. I have vzw unlimited data and plan to keep it so I have to pay full price. Thing is full price should be less as a phone ages. When you buy a used phone or a used car you are buying someone else's problem. I want full warranty.
    flintlock likes this.
    02-09-2016 07:35 PM
    How much is the note 4 trading for if I were to sell it through Verizon?

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    02-09-2016 08:32 PM
    I just switched from an iPhone 6+ a few weeks ago. LOVING the Note 5. My situation was I had to add another line to the family. The thing that did it for me was doing it at Best Buy. I was able to get the Gear S2 sport watch at no cost as well as a $200 Best Buy gift card. I had a Note 2 a few years back and it was solid. I'm a big note taker too, so I was always a fan of the S pen. The kicker was the Gear S2. I had been eyeing an Apple Watch and just couldn't bring myself to drop the $400. I have to tell you, LOVING the S2 watch! The Note 5 is a tremendous phone too! Screen is great, camera is great and aside from the iMessage issues from the switch, no problems!
    02-09-2016 09:08 PM
    I went and looked at it today, it's easily 1/2" bigger than my G3, I can't reach the quick settings with my thumb holding it with one hand like I can on the G3, at least not without almost dropping it which I think I did with my note 2 at times.

Still because of the loyalty credit and the $200 trade in on sprint (I can give them my note 2 and keep the G3 as a backup) I'm thinking I might do it. But they didn't have a 64gb version in any of the roughly 10 stores in my area and best buy won't do the $200 trade in. So I'd have to order one, but none of the reps I talked to seem to think the $200 trade in comes off the lease price yet there's a page right on sprint's site that says it takes $8 a month off. Stack that with the $10 per month loyalty credit and I should be able to get a 64gb Note 5 for $12 a month.

02-09-2016 09:14 PM
    The Galaxy Note 5 is a really great phone

Posted via AT&T Galaxy S6 gold 64gb
    02-09-2016 10:03 PM
    Picked up my note 5 for my birthday!

02-09-2016 10:06 PM
    How much is the note 4 trading for if I were to sell it through Verizon?

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    Check on Verizon's trade in website.

http://www.trade-in.vzw.com
    02-09-2016 11:27 PM
    It's too bad Samsung fails to discount full price note 5. I have vzw unlimited data and plan to keep it so I have to pay full price. Thing is full price should be less as a phone ages. When you buy a used phone or a used car you are buying someone else's problem. I want full warranty.
    Unfortunately you won't see a substantial standard price drop probably until the note 6 comes out. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 did dip to under $500 for a short while though a while back.
    02-09-2016 11:28 PM
    Unfortunately you won't see a substantial standard price drop probably until the note 6 comes out. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 did dip to under $500 for a short while though a while back.
    Somehow I always miss stuff like that despite getting constant email ads from Samsung
    02-09-2016 11:30 PM
    Somehow I always miss stuff like that despite getting constant email ads from Samsung
    Verizon has plenty of promotions. If you were willing to do a bit of work, you could have gotten it for $233

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-bit-work.html
    02-09-2016 11:37 PM
    I like straight simple solutions. I find weaving through a maze or how-to's and what ifs stressful. I have had problems with VZW in the past that had my stomach in knots. I won't go through anything like that again. If they simply lower price I'm in. If I have to finagle the bagel I'll pass. That may make me a sucker. Anyway I won't do it. I don't want to join Samsung Pay nor switch phones and plans nor wait for rebates nor anything else out of the ordinary.
    02-09-2016 11:50 PM
    What cracks me up about a lot of comments on here is that people continue to slate it for it's lack of storage, non removable battery etc...

A lot of people won't have an issue with either, as they'll probably never use the phone to it's fullest! Those that do need all that storage have soon worked around it by using external SD card adapters or by using one of the remote chargers; or they've simply not bought the Note 5 and have gone to a different phone

I think really what makes the Note 5 so popular is it's power and top-of-the-range feel compared to what else is out there on the market.

I personally don't think that the Note 6 is going to be all that much better than the Note 5; I don't think it'll have memory expansion capabilities and it probably won't have a removable battery. I think that'll be catered for via the S7; but then again, they could do the same with that and make it like a lot of other phones where everything is built in and you simply pay more to get the larger memory!
    02-10-2016 01:51 AM
    I think it's worth it for sure
    02-10-2016 02:00 AM
121 1234 ...