02-22-2016 11:36 PM
121 ... 2345
tools
    I am looking to get one, however I do not want the one AT&T has. I don't want the bloat and or don't want to root the device. I want to have one that will work on AT&T here in the US with AT&T LTE. I just don't know the correct model to order.
    02-10-2016 09:04 PM
    I am personally waiting to see the s7 edge, I had a note 2, and I won't buy a phone without an SD card, so no Note 5 for me. It's not about waiting for the latest/greatest, it's about waiting for the phone with the right features (for me).

If I had to have a Note right now, it would be a Note 4. Hopefully the 6 will have an SD card again.
    02-10-2016 10:03 PM
    I have the note 4 Edge (typing on it right now). I got it over the 5 because I wanted SD card capabilities as I keep tons of pictures and movies on my device. I have ordered (arriving in a couple of hours) a Sony Experia Z5 Premium because I have not liked how the edge works.
    02-12-2016 11:40 AM
    I switched from the Note 4 to the 5 and I just love this phone! Jet fast and Stunning display! The camera and video is outstanding! The Best phone I have ever owned!.

Posted via the Android Central App
    faith3935 likes this.
    02-12-2016 01:16 PM
    Only if you buy one used from that site that's not ebay and does nothing but sell used cell phones
    I just picked up a Lg V10 and saved $200 and it was mint. I'd buy a note 4 before I buy the 5. It's just too iPhone.
    02-12-2016 04:12 PM
    Only if you buy one used from that site that's not ebay and does nothing but sell used cell phones
    I just picked up a Lg V10 and saved $200 and it was mint. I'd buy a note 4 before I buy the 5. It's just too iPhone.
    Only an iPhone can be an iPhone since it's not an Android phone.
    jlost and alhc78 like this.
    02-12-2016 04:13 PM
    Does any one know how the gear s2 is with the note 5? I was thinking about getting one.
    I have the S2 as well and it works perfectly with the note 5. .
    02-12-2016 06:37 PM
    The note 4 lags badly compared to the note 5. I had both.
    02-12-2016 06:38 PM
    I have the S2 as well and it works perfectly with the note 5. .
    OK. How much a month on AT&T is it extra?
    02-12-2016 07:27 PM
    This is the truth. After using my Note 5, I will go and use my Note 4 or Note Edge using the same app that I was using on the Note 5 and the lag on the 4/Edge is very noticeable. The extra RAM on the Note 5 makes all the difference.
    jnew619, GSOgymrat and faith3935 like this.
    02-13-2016 01:30 AM
    I don't know if it is the extras RAM or just that touchwiz is less of a hog because i had the G4 and that thing had no lag at all. I hear a lot of people who owned the G4 had laggy phones.
    02-13-2016 08:03 AM
    If you are making a transition from a Samsung phone, and liked the old Samsung, go ahead.
    I upgraded from a Nexus 5 to a Note 5, and I regret the moment I bought it.
    Scrolling is like entering hell on the Note 5, spikes almost everytime you scroll slowly...
    The only thing I like about the Note 5, is the battery life, ONLY.....
    02-13-2016 02:27 PM
    Note 5 is hands down one of the best if not the best phone in the market. This is coming from an apple fanboy. I own an lg g4, note 4, note 5, s6, iPhone 6+ and I tell ya, the note 5 Is just absolutely stunning. Smooth and professional. Is good off to see what the note 6 Is going to offer though. Can only imagine it will be better.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-13-2016 11:05 PM
    If you are making a transition from a Samsung phone, and liked the old Samsung, go ahead.
    I upgraded from a Nexus 5 to a Note 5, and I regret the moment I bought it.
    Scrolling is like entering hell on the Note 5, spikes almost everytime you scroll slowly...
    The only thing I like about the Note 5, is the battery life, ONLY.....
    Huh? Do you mean scrolling through websites or just in general? I've only had the Note 5 for a couple days now but so far it's the smoothest phone I've ever owned, and I've had Android phones since the G1.
    02-14-2016 02:09 AM
    Definately
    02-14-2016 11:17 AM
    Read this article about the Note 5, six months in:

Samsung Galaxy Note 5, six months on | Android Central

Great read and I agree, excellent buy.
    02-14-2016 11:20 AM
    I've had mine for two weeks now and here are some things I've noticed:

- s pen is cool, love screen write and taking notes. I'm surprised other phone manufacturers haven't jumped on something like this
    - screen is beautiful and crisp, I also like that the bezels are small and don't get in the way of the experience while watching media.
    - camera is awesome, I have an iPhone 6s plus and low light pics are not good on the iPhone. The camera on the note 5 is stellar.
    - Fingerprint scanner is good, really good. Not sure why everyone seems to have issues with it. It's not as fast as the iPhone but I find its more accurate. I will have to clean the iPhone sensor but the note 5 seems to work every time.
    - the overall performance of the phone is fast and smooth. No lag experienced at all.

Dislikes:
    - battery life is OK, not great though. My iPhone lasts all day for me (I plug in every night). I have to charge the note 5 when I get home at 5. I will say despite the battery not lasting, fast charge helps get it back to 100% quickly.
    - gorilla glass 4 is not my friend. My screen scratched easily. Must've been something gritty in my pocket which got under the clear view case and rubbed up against the screen. Never had screen issues with the iPhone even though both are exposed to the same environment. I can't blame the phone for this, just something that is annoying.
    - updates, we all know the issues with Samsung and how long updates take. Again it's annoying but you have to know this when you buy the phone and learn to accept it.

So after two weeks I've decided to keep the phone. I can live with the few imperfections, since all phones have them. Overall the pluses outweigh the minuses and this is a solid device. My iPhone will always be my daily driver but this phone will be used for media and productivity. Hope my thoughts help any of you who are on the fence.
    koves and jnew619 like this.
    02-14-2016 01:16 PM

So after two weeks I've decided to keep the phone. I can live with the few imperfections, since all phones have them. Overall the pluses outweigh the minuses and this is a solid device. My iPhone will always be my daily driver but this phone will be used for media and productivity. Hope my thoughts help any of you who are on the fence.
    I'm only using my 6S still because I can actually use it with one hand at my job. If it was;t for that, I would be using my Note 5 and leaving my 6S at home.

When the S7 comes out, I may seriously think of getting it to replace my 6S as my work phone. I bought a 6S and a 6S+ in December by the way.
    jnew619 likes this.
    02-14-2016 02:45 PM
    The 5.1.1 update defiantly helped with the lag, and I don't notice any major performance issues as a result. Coming up on a year with the phone on Verizon btw.

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    02-14-2016 06:05 PM
    Read this article about the Note 5, six months in:

Samsung Galaxy Note 5, six months on | Android Central

Great read and I agree, excellent buy.
    Great phone but at full price for 64gb model I do not agree it is a great buy. It would be my most expensive phone ever. Heck, you can buy a new computer for less.
    02-16-2016 02:52 PM
    Great phone but at full price for 64gb model I do not agree it is a great buy. It would be my most expensive phone ever. Heck, you can buy a new computer for less.
    So if you are reluctant to buy a phone that costs more than a new computer, that doesn't leave very many options for you ever, does it?

All the computers that I have bought in the past year cost more then any phone:

Surface Pro 3
    15" 2015 MBP
    13" 2012 MBP
    02-16-2016 02:54 PM
    So if you are reluctant to buy a phone that costs more than a new computer, that doesn't leave very many options for you ever, does it?
    I thought my Note 3 was fairly priced when new. So is any current Moto or LG phone. Only Samsung and iPhone really gouge you.
    02-16-2016 02:56 PM
    I thought my Note 3 was fairly priced when new. So is any current Moto or LG phone. Only Samsung and iPhone really gouge you.
    The Note 5 is THE BEST phone I have ever owned and because if that, I can't recommend it enough. I do not regret buying it almost two weeks ago.
    02-16-2016 03:48 PM
    The Note 5 is THE BEST phone I have ever owned and because if that, I can't recommend it enough. I do not regret buying it almost two weeks ago.
    Did you pay full price?
    02-16-2016 04:18 PM
    Did you pay full price?
    I did. I bought it outright on the T-Mobile website. I always buy my phones outright so I don't have monthly payments.

I plan on buying the S7 when it comes out to replace my 6S as well.
    Ry likes this.
    02-16-2016 04:20 PM
121 ... 2345