Note 5 still a good buy?

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd go for it...I have a g3 and I've finally decided to pull the trigger and get the note 5

Posted via the Android Central App

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
What made you decide to go for it?

I got a galaxy tabs s2 9.7 inch for Christmas... After using it for jusat over a montgh, I feel in love with the screen and everything else about. That got me curious about the note 5. After watching many many reviews on YouTube , my mind was made up...I had to have one lol

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Ive got the note 5 coming from an iphone 5s... girlfriend recomended it and i must say this phone is awesome. Beautiful phone ,awesome features, i have no complaints, battery life is great also

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Great phone! I traded it away a few months ago, missed it so much I just got another one. A slick silver one to boot. Get it!

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Go for it. I got my Note 5 last fall, and it's a great phone. Normally, I look to upgrade every six months, but with this phone, I don't feel the urge. And nothing I've seen on the horizon makes me feel any different.

hermond

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I will be honest with you.
The Note 5 will be a good buy even 2 years from now, the same as the the Note 3 and 4 are good buys even now. The price reduction of those 2 mentioned phones and the high quality of every component make them great buys.
So 5-6 months in, the Note 5 more than still holds up.
Cheers.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If storage is a concern, wait for the 2016 phones. Most flagships will have expandable storage. The Note 5 is just too tiny for anyone that likes a lot of media and apps. Unless you get a 128GB Korean variant.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Go for it if you can. It's a great phone and one that will last for a long time.

As for me, however, the rumored larger batteries on the S7 makes me wanna wait for the Note 6 as it might have an even bigger battery.

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I was a note 4 user too and wasnt planning to upgrade till another year or so. I started using note 4 on the day if its release. But unfortunately it met with an accident and it died coz of water injuries. So i upgraded to note 5 and its an absolute beast. But personally soeaking if u have a note 4 u myt as well wait for s7 or note 6. Because note 5 and note 4 there isnt much diff software was tht ull feel straight away. The front camera is much better on note 5. But other than that apart from the feel of the glass body there isnt much in them. Note 4 is still one the top range devices.
But is note 5 still a gud buy? Oh absolutely yes. Note 5 is probably the top of the range fone present in the market at this time cz its a slight better version of note 4. Minus the sd card n removable battery options offcourse.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK.... I'll add this.... this is a game played with EVERYTHING... from phones, to computers, to cars. If you wait, there will ALWAYS be a replacement looming on the horizon, one that is better, faster, etc... you name it. It would be different if the Note 6 was right around the corner, but its not. It is a good 5 or 6 months away. And even then, once the Note 6 is released, the Note 5 should have a pretty big drop in price, adding a whole new element to the equation.

I would say this... if you want a new phone, and want it now, and want a Note... get the Note 5. If you have no issues waiting until October (more or less), wait for the Note 6.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't originally planning to upgrade to the Note 5, even though I was still on my Note 3. It was working great, and I didn't really feel the need. Then, as another user commented, Sprint offered a bunch of "freebies" so I went ahead and upgraded.

I never had a problem with my Note 3's performance, but I can tell you that playing on it now (I upgrade right before Christmas) it does feel sluggish. The Note 5 is a beast, the screen is amazing, and I am in love with wireless charging.

I agree with LeoRex: if you're looking to upgrade now, and you want a Note, get the Note 5. If you're happy with your Note 4, then you don't necessarily *need* to upgrade. But don't play the "the next one will be even better" game, or you will *always* either be waiting, or be unhappy with your purchase. Especially with so many of the carriers offering the financing with quick upgrade cycles these days.

One thing of note (no pun intended): if you actually use the IR blaster on your Note 4, remember that they removed it from the Note 5. I actually keep my Note 3 around just as a "Smart Remote".

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the Note 5 as my backup phone. The storage is far too weak to me, and I just find myself keeping it in my bag in favor of my V10, which I like much, much better. I would wait for the 6, but you'll still have not so appealing Touchwiz which is another negative.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The Note 5 is still a great buy.
It's too bad Samsung fails to discount full price note 5. I have vzw unlimited data and plan to keep it so I have to pay full price. Thing is full price should be less as a phone ages. When you buy a used phone or a used car you are buying someone else's problem. I want full warranty.

hokap

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just switched from an iPhone 6+ a few weeks ago. LOVING the Note 5. My situation was I had to add another line to the family. The thing that did it for me was doing it at Best Buy. I was able to get the Gear S2 sport watch at no cost as well as a $200 Best Buy gift card. I had a Note 2 a few years back and it was solid. I'm a big note taker too, so I was always a fan of the S pen. The kicker was the Gear S2. I had been eyeing an Apple Watch and just couldn't bring myself to drop the $400. I have to tell you, LOVING the S2 watch! The Note 5 is a tremendous phone too! Screen is great, camera is great and aside from the iMessage issues from the switch, no problems!