Note 5 still a good buy?

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I dont have the Note 5. I had the option for picking one up, but the lack of an SD card slot turned me off completely. The Note 4 is great if you're not a power user. Despite what's been said. The Note 4 is in fact an amazing device if you're a casual smartphone user. On the other hand, using the device for work on a frequent basis throughout the day, the phone will end up lagging quite a bit after a few months. I restart my device at least once a day due to freezes and lag. It's only been since about October that I've had the Note 4. I've had the 6 plus and the Note 3 before that. Just make sure you don't download tooooo many apps and you'll be fine. I'll be waiting for the note 6 if it carries am SD slot and a much faster processor.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am seriously loving my Note 5. I've had it for just about a week now and the battery life has really improved over the past few days.

I thought that the lack of SD card and removable battery would be something I missed but I don't even think about it. I got the 64GB gold Note 5. This IS an amazing phone. My Note 5 is my main phone now even though I bought an iPhone 6S and a 6S+ in December. Nothing beats this phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The GS7 edge+ will be out before the note 6 so i may go for that. No way i pay full price for 6 month old phone

nikiasr

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6s plus and a Note 5, I owned the Note 4,and even though the SD card was there and replaceable battery I still sold the device because battery wasn't the best, nice all around phone. Now the Note 5 is great even without the ad card and replaceable battery. I just purchased the 64 gb model. I really don't think it matters to much either device, if you have to many apps installed the device is going to lag.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Had it, really liked it. Got stolen and got a nexus 6p now. Samsung needs to improve their updates with carriers . I feel spoiled now with a nexus device

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I dont have the Note 5. I had the option for picking one up, but the lack of an SD card slot turned me off completely. The Note 4 is great if you're not a power user. Despite what's been said. The Note 4 is in fact an amazing device if you're a casual smartphone user. On the other hand, using the device for work on a frequent basis throughout the day, the phone will end up lagging quite a bit after a few months. I restart my device at least once a day due to freezes and lag. It's only been since about October that I've had the Note 4. I've had the 6 plus and the Note 3 before that. Just make sure you don't download tooooo many apps and you'll be fine. I'll be waiting for the note 6 if it carries am SD slot and a much faster processor.

The lack of storage space was a deal-breaker for me, but not as much as Knox. This keeps me from even considering any Samsung phones in the future. It's a shame, as they can make a pretty decent device.

jnew619

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I am seriously loving my Note 5. I've had it for just about a week now and the battery life has really improved over the past few days.

I thought that the lack of SD card and removable battery would be something I missed but I don't even think about it. I got the 64GB gold Note 5. This IS an amazing phone. My Note 5 is my main phone now even though I bought an iPhone 6S and a 6S+ in December. Nothing beats this phone.
How are you enjoying it compared to your iPhone? I have a 6 plus and using the Samsung ultimate test drive promotion and think I might make the switch

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So no sprint store carries the 64 gb Note 5, I'd have to order it. Might just get the 32 so I don't have to wait.

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to get one, however I do not want the one AT&T has. I don't want the bloat and or don't want to root the device. I want to have one that will work on AT&T here in the US with AT&T LTE. I just don't know the correct model to order.

seanpr

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I am personally waiting to see the s7 edge, I had a note 2, and I won't buy a phone without an SD card, so no Note 5 for me. It's not about waiting for the latest/greatest, it's about waiting for the phone with the right features (for me).

If I had to have a Note right now, it would be a Note 4. Hopefully the 6 will have an SD card again.

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the note 4 Edge (typing on it right now). I got it over the 5 because I wanted SD card capabilities as I keep tons of pictures and movies on my device. I have ordered (arriving in a couple of hours) a Sony Experia Z5 Premium because I have not liked how the edge works.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I switched from the Note 4 to the 5 and I just love this phone! Jet fast and Stunning display! The camera and video is outstanding! The Best phone I have ever owned!.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Only if you buy one used from that site that's not ebay and does nothing but sell used cell phones :cool:
I just picked up a Lg V10 and saved $200 and it was mint. I'd buy a note 4 before I buy the 5. It's just too iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool