02-22-2016 11:36 PM
121 123 ...
tools
    Would getting the note 5 almost half a year into its life be a bad decision?

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    02-07-2016 03:07 PM
    No, it's an AWESOME phone with great specs. Love mine.
    02-07-2016 04:06 PM
    I'm wondering the same as well I originally have a iPhone 6 plus and using Samsung ultimate test drive might make the switch just not sure if the note 5 is still a good buy just like op stated
    02-07-2016 04:12 PM
    I'm always behind on my phone buying simply because I cannot afford to buy new when they come out. I also did buy brand new with my first Note because I *had* to have it. That for me was a huge mistake so now I wait. I have Note 3 currently - had an Edge but my Granddaughter and I swapped cuz I found I wasn't all that fond of the Edge although it was one of those "had to have!" purchases at that time.

I'm currently subscribed to the Note 5 sales at swappa.com and when the right one comes along I'll buy it that way. So, no, I don't think it's a bad decision.
    02-07-2016 04:26 PM
    Absolutely!

I've gone through the iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus, Nexus 6P in the last 12months, then onto the Note 5 and it's a winner hands down IMO

I wanted a dual sim phone to stop having to carry around 2 mobiles for my business and personal numbers and it's obviously ideal for that (the 920CD version).

It's still a flagship, market leading phablet and fingers crossed it'll be updated to Marshmallow soon enough!

Just read the specs, they say all you need to know IMO
    theonecid, jnew619 and jboogie1289 like this.
    02-07-2016 04:38 PM
    I was considering waiting for the S7, but that won't likely be widely available until April.

02-07-2016 05:01 PM
    Unless you are going to wait until the note 6. This is a no brainer really. From the S pen to the great overall performance. It's an amazing device
    leearango 123 likes this.
    02-07-2016 05:06 PM
    Unless you are going to wait until the note 6. This is a no brainer really. From the S pen to the great overall performance. It's an amazing device
    I'm coming from a note 4, and I have heard that the note 5's performance is much better than the note 4.

02-07-2016 05:10 PM
    I'm in same boat...buy the note 5 or wait for note 6
    Ah, first world problems...

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-07-2016 05:15 PM
    The note 5 is awesome but I'm sure the note 6 will be an amazing device as well. Either choice you win.

02-07-2016 05:44 PM
    I'd say that you can always chase technology. Just do what's right now and don't worry about the future. You can wait for the note 6 but then then the 7 will only get better. Live for today.
    02-07-2016 08:08 PM
    I upgrade my Android phones in January/February so I had no problem buying my Note 5 on Thursday. I bought my Note 4/Note Edge last year in January.
    sulla1965 and victoryrules8 like this.
    02-07-2016 08:15 PM
    I'd get the 64GB model if possible. That will help avoid running out of space later.
    02-08-2016 06:04 AM
    I'd get the 64GB model if possible. That will help avoid running out of space later.
    I have the 32 GB note 4, and I haven't had any problems with running out of storage space

wlonsdale likes this.
    02-08-2016 07:13 AM
    Good discussion here! I've been wondering the same thing as the OP for a couple weeks now. I'm holding back until I see the s7 though, as if they add SD support, and (not likely though) a removable battery, there is a VERY good chance the Note 6 will have those as well.
    02-08-2016 11:07 AM
    SD cards? Yes.... most rumors point to Samsung adding that back in. But I wouldn't hold my breath for a removable battery.... Samsung is sticking with the glass back for the S7, so that more or less makes a removable battery impossible.

That being said, the Note 5 is still a top of the line device. Sure, it's a few months old, but we're long past the point where phones are advancing so quickly that a half-generation-old phone is already showing its age. Processing can only get so much faster and make an impact on the user experience, and a lot of the improvements in performance will most likely be more a result of software improvements, rather than hardware ones... so when the Note 5 finally gets 6.0, a whole slew of improvements in the software should come with it.

The Note 5 should still be an excellent device even long after the Note 6 drops... and well into 2017 at minimum (most likely beyond).
    TenshiNo likes this.
    02-08-2016 01:42 PM
    So I've been looking at the note 5 today because Sprint is offering $200 off on a trade in. I'm already on Sprint (I know I know, but the service is decent here and I get a good discount and have unlimited data). I have had the G3 for a year, no issues really, like the size and it works fine. However, with the $200 discount and there is currently a $10 per month loyalty credit on top of it for certain older plans which I could get, is there any reason not to get the Note 5 other than, I don't necessarily need it? Again, my G3 works fine, takes great pictures, plays games fine, has a removable battery and SD slot. I had a note 2 before this and am on the fence.
    02-08-2016 04:11 PM
    If you can get it on a discount I'd go for it. It's the best phone I've had in a long while.
    02-08-2016 04:45 PM
    Good discussion here! I've been wondering the same thing as the OP for a couple weeks now. I'm holding back until I see the s7 though, as if they add SD support, and (not likely though) a removable battery, there is a VERY good chance the Note 6 will have those as well.
    If removable battery is really a big deal to you, consider getting the Samsung battery pack. Yeah, it's about the same size as the Note is, but it's nearly the capacity of 2 batteries.
    So I've been looking at the note 5 today because Sprint is offering $200 off on a trade in. I'm already on Sprint (I know I know, but the service is decent here and I get a good discount and have unlimited data). I have had the G3 for a year, no issues really, like the size and it works fine. However, with the $200 discount and there is currently a $10 per month loyalty credit on top of it for certain older plans which I could get, is there any reason not to get the Note 5 other than, I don't necessarily need it? Again, my G3 works fine, takes great pictures, plays games fine, has a removable battery and SD slot. I had a note 2 before this and am on the fence.
    A quick look at Swappa shows that the trade in amount is more than you'd probably get for selling the G3 outright, so you'd win in that regard. However, if the G3 still does all you want and is doing it well there's really no NEED to get the Note.
    Now if you just want something new, then go for it!

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    02-08-2016 05:29 PM
    I think if you can get it at a good price then sure.
    02-08-2016 05:30 PM
    I'd go for it...I have a g3 and I've finally decided to pull the trigger and get the note 5

02-08-2016 07:41 PM
    I'd go for it...I have a g3 and I've finally decided to pull the trigger and get the note 5

What made you decide to go for it?

02-08-2016 08:12 PM
    What made you decide to go for it?

I got a galaxy tabs s2 9.7 inch for Christmas... After using it for jusat over a montgh, I feel in love with the screen and everything else about. That got me curious about the note 5. After watching many many reviews on YouTube , my mind was made up...I had to have one lol

02-08-2016 08:34 PM
    Ive got the note 5 coming from an iphone 5s... girlfriend recomended it and i must say this phone is awesome. Beautiful phone ,awesome features, i have no complaints, battery life is great also

02-08-2016 08:53 PM
    Great phone! I traded it away a few months ago, missed it so much I just got another one. A slick silver one to boot. Get it!

jboogie1289 likes this.
    02-08-2016 10:08 PM
121 123 ...